Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:20 AM   #21

Cheers Zig, I've been busily studying the manual and reading lots of information on the net about the E30, can't wait to take it for a spin.. patience!
Facebook

Olympus E30 | Zuiko 50-200mm SWD | EC-14 | EC-20| EX-25 | FL-50R
piXelatedEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by piXelatedEmpire View Post
I just upgraded from the E620 to the E30 this week, and I agree with everything Greg has said in regards to differences/improvements. I picked up my E30 for a very good price in Oz.. can't wait to give it a whirl with my 50-200 SWD when I get it back from Olympus repairs.
Come on, you have other lenses...how can you wait.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Ha ha ha!

Fortunately, the Giants do not get to carry those extra runs over to game 2................................................. ....................

No comment.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Come on, you have other lenses...how can you wait.
I now only have the 70-300mm, and you're right, I couldn't wait.. I was playing with the camera and lens in the backyard earlier today! The E30 feels much nicer in my hands, and the AF is a bit quicker which is nice. Need to adjust to the changes on the body and button placement, but I think I'm going to like this camera!
Facebook

Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:27 PM   #25

Quote:
I now only have the 70-300mm, and you're right, I couldn't wait.. I was playing with the camera and lens in the backyard earlier today! The E30 feels much nicer in my hands, and the AF is a bit quicker which is nice. Need to adjust to the changes on the body and button placement, but I think I'm going to like this camera!

Hi Adam,

A tip that you may find of value.

Not sure how often you use manual focus, but I do quite a bit as I do a fair amount of low light bird shooting. I Find that, in low light or low contrast situations, the 50-200mm will hunt even though I just had it focused using S-AF. What I've done to is set the Fn button to toggle to MF or manual focus. What I typically do, is toggle to S-AF focus the lens on the bird, then toggle to MF by pressing the FN button. This way, I don't have to worry that the lens will hunt again. It's an easy way to toggle back and forth without having to take the extra steps or taking your eye off the OVF.

Also, you may find AF small a better and more positive setting than AF normal.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:49 PM   #26

Great tips Zig, I have noted them down and will give them a try. Thanks very much.
Facebook

Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
No comment.
Well it does look like the Rangers decided to play baseball.

Greg may not realize that DC area residents are damn well expecting the Rangers to win the series. That team never did squat as the Washington Senators ("first in war, first in peace, and last in the American League").

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Well it does look like the Rangers decided to play baseball.

Greg may not realize that DC area residents are damn well expecting the Rangers to win the series. That team never did squat as the Washington Senators ("first in war, first in peace, and last in the American League").

Ted
LOL. Neither team is my favorite, so I have no dog in this hunt. However, I'm still ticked off that the Rays let Texas beat them.

Usually I root for the National League team ever since the American League stopped playing real baseball, with the girlie designated hitter program. Baseball is where all players play both offense and defense; hit, run, catch, and field. By the way, I'm not going to admit how old I am, but when I was young, I went to DC with my grandfather to watch the Washington Senators play the Baltimore Orioles. Baltimore had the two Robinsons playing then, and I saw Brooks and Frank hit back to back home runs.

Last edited by Steven R; Oct 31, 2010 at 11:28 AM.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:44 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
when I was young, I went to DC with my grandfather to watch the Washington Senators play the Baltimore Orioles. Baltimore had the two Robinsons playing then, and I saw Brooks and Frank hit back to back home runs.
Wow - what a memory.

I'm from the Chicago area so I don't have a dog in this hunt either. I'm just putting some pressure on Greg C. since Texans (Bush and Shrub) took over Washington politics for so many years, plus Texans pulled the DC baseball team out of DC. The point being, now Texans need to prove their baseball manhood...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Great tips Zig, I have noted them down and will give them a try. Thanks very much.
We should probably start a cricket thread in here Adam. Shut these guys up with their "Grown men play a girls rounders game" talk...
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote