Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 30, 2010, 8:00 PM   #1

Default NFL Comes to London - E3 +35-100 go streetshooting

The NFL are in London over the weekend , I think the 49's are playing a game tomorrow in front of an 85k crowd at Wembley. Today they held an NFL fan rally (was surprised they did these.. very American) and it was cool that they did. I wasn't able to get into the main area where the Cheerleaders, etc were on stage - I wouldn't make it past the security guards with my Kirpan (Sikh religious dagger) so my options were a wee bit limited.

Here's a few pics:

1. Trafalgar SQ

2. Lots of togs and camera crews:

3. Lots of guys .. quiet a few Americans as well .. in the middle of Trafalgar Sq having burgers and beer:

4. Throw the ball !!

5. Looking through a hole in a trailer !

6. Someones lost their ship in a bottle

7. The crowds - well tourists who went to Trafalgar square for the galleries but also found the NFL was there as well.

8. ok.. not sure what was going on here

9. Colours... ok.. its in B&W .. but what caght my eye was the bright colours the two towerblocks in the background are... but Bw looks better.

I wish I was going to the game tomorrow but I didn;t even know it was on until this morning.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:48 PM   #2

Very interesting series, harj; you always do street scenes so well. Where did you find that ship in a bottle, and how did you get such an unusual angle on that shot?

Steve
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Super Moderator

you have done an excellent job of capturing the essence of a crowd, which is not an easy thing to do. i really like the "looking through a hole in the trailer" but really just a great set overall.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 8:10 AM   #4

Those were fun - thanks, Harj. I have some friends who manage NFL football pools and they tell me that not only are NFL football pools very popular in Britain, but some of the best software for managing an on-line pool is British. Who would have thought...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:12 AM   #5

Hi Guys

It looked pretty cool out their yesterday and I only wish they didnt have so much security, full body chekcs, metal detectors tec, otherwise I would have ventured into the square itself. The atmosphere was really nice with quiet a few families with kids about. I was surpised by the numbers there .. i gto their late just 1hr left but iwas more surprised that they had sold all 85k seats nearly as soon as the game was annouced.

Steve, that ship in a bottle is high up on a plinth at one of the corners of the square. The 35-100f2 was pretty handy for that.

You just have to love the look, detail and quality from the 35-100F2. Now I wish i had the 14-35f2 but that won;t be happening any time soon, it would be perfect for going out and snapping ppl on the street.

Cheers

Harj
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
I was surpised by the numbers there .. i gto their late just 1hr left but iwas more surprised that they had sold all 85k seats nearly as soon as the game was annouced.
Harj
Yeah, who would have figured that Brits would take to NFL football that much. After all, you folks have a real football game (Rugby) that makes NFL football, with all the padding, helmets, and time-outs, look like a children's game by comparison. (And we're not even gonna talk about Irish Hurling...)

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:19 PM   #7

Harj, great series for sure. I love that lens.
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:00 PM   #8

Hi Edge

Its such a great lens and it makes me wonder whether we will ever see the quality of the SHG grade glass for M43 ?

I've been checking prices for the 14-35F2 and right now in the UK its down to 1700.00 (2700.00USD) and thats after a 300 discount or $2300.00 (1400.00) in the US (B&H). B&H have a 300.00 discount but its not clear whether the 2300.00 includes that discount. I don't get OLy UK's pricing, the 14-35F2 of the lens without the discount is nearly 2x the price of Nikons 24-70f2.8 (1100.00).

I'm hoping to be stateside soon so I might pick up the 14-35.

Cheers

Harj
Old Oct 31, 2010, 5:13 PM   #9

$2000 is the going price for the 14-35/f2, 1700.00 is really high! I think the B&H price is $2000 after the discount. Amazon has it listed for $2000 and I have seen it as low as $1899. I cannot decide which one I want first, the 7-14/f4 or the 14-35/f2....regardless they will both have to wait until I can fund them.
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote