Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:23 PM   #11

John,

As someone who doesn't go anywhere (well, almost anywhere) without a camera in his hand, I understand your frustration.

But, take pleasure in the fact that you were able to spend a lot of quality time with your son, watching him grow, helping him to understand a fairly complex game, and teaching him an important skill set of how to interact with his peers.

That the stuff memories are made of. And, he's only four. You've got a lifetime of priceless experiences with your son ahead of you.

BUT, next year, bring the camera

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:23 PM   #12

Image #3 of him making that cut in the hole is great, Zig. Good shooting!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Image #3 of him making that cut in the hole is great, Zig. Good shooting!
Hi Greg,

Thanks. I really do like that shot as well.

I was having fun running up and down the sidelines. Actually, the parents viewing area was outside of the sidelines, which were fenced in. I couldn't really get very close to the field. As a result, the EC-20's magnification added to the 50-200mm really came in handy. It was interesting to see the reaction of the parents when they saw the camera. The E-30, with EC20 and the 50-200mm fully extended (add the lens hood) is a formidable looking piece of equipment.

Most everyone stepped aside to let me take photos of the action, thinking I was a team photog or something.

It was a great experience. One which I hope to get to do all over again, next year.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:27 AM   #14

Zig said, ".....I'm a proud grampy and it's loads of fun to see your grandkids grow up before your eyes."

I can relate to that just a whole bunch. Zig this is a wonderful set, I know you & your family will enjoy the photos forever. Great job.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:42 PM   #15

#3 is EPIC!

Personally, I can't wait until my 5 year old son picks a sport
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:52 PM   #16

Hi Bob,

It is hard to explain to anyone else but I think as a grandfather you probably feel as I do in that, from our perspective, I'm having way more fun enjoying watching the grandkids growing up, playing sports, watching their excitement-all without the pressure of they being your own kids. I can't quite put it into words. Perhaps, it's the wisdom of being older. I don't know. But, it sure is nice.

Hi Tek,

Enjoy your son and spend as much time as you can with him as he'll grow up before you know it.

Zig