Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:10 AM   #1

Default Back in the days.......

Sometimes it is interesting to take a photo journey back a few years to a much simpler time.

Pinellas County maintains a park in Largo dedicated to the earlier times in Florida, called Heritage Village. Basically itís a 21 acre open-air village of historic buildings that have been moved to the grounds. It mainly covers the times from the middle 1800s to the mid 1900s. For those of us who are history buffs and photographers, it is a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon, especially since the admission is free. Thought it would be interesting to share a few shots that Iíve collected from the site. As you can guess, it can be a photographic challenge sometimes, especially when you are facing both bright sunshine and deep shadows in the same shot. And I will be the first to admit that I am not usually able to master that situation.

Anyway, photos to follow.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:13 AM   #2

Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:16 AM   #3

Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:18 AM   #4

Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:36 AM   #5

Hi Steven,

Great gallery of images that bring me back in time.

Thanks for sharing as I'm again going down to Marco this March. At some point will go to the Keys. I'm going to note this down as a place I'd like to stop and see, first hand.

Zig

Anyone notice the price of gas in the last shot?

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:23 AM   #6

What a great place and series of images...!

Good job...!
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Steven,

Great gallery of images that bring me back in time.

Thanks for sharing as I'm again going down to Marco this March. At some point will go to the Keys. I'm going to note this down as a place I'd like to stop and see, first hand.

Zig

Anyone notice the price of gas in the last shot?
Hi zig: don't want to mislead you, but Largo, Florida is not near Key Largo; its not in the Florida Keys. This Largo is actually a suburb of St. Pete in the Tampa Bay area. Probably too far away for you to travel up from Marco. But if you are driving down from Mass., you could swing over to Tampa/St-Pete and take I-275 south to the area. Then you could then get back on I-275 South and cross the SunShine Skyway Bridge to hook back up to I-75 South toward Marco. That is a very striking bridge to photograph. (As long as you are not afraid of heights.)
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:29 AM   #8

Hi Steven,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. And yes, we'll again be driving down. So, going down through that area would not be an issue.

And yes, I'm familiar with the Sunshine Skyway bridge as I've driven over it a number of times on my way to the Tropicana Plant. A beautiful bridge, I might add.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:47 PM   #9

Hey Zig: let me add another photographic incentive to swing by the area on your drive down. Heritage Village is right next to the Pinallas County Florida Botanical Gardens. (They share the same parking lot.) The Botanical Gardens are large and a great place to spend a couple of hours with your camera.
http://www.flbg.org/

(Who knows, I might even take off of work that day and take a couple of pictures with you and play guide for a while.) Anyway, the Gardens are a great place for photographers.

Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:30 AM   #10

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for the info. I've printed the directions from the link.
I just might go thru the area on the way to Marco. It's always great to break up a long road trip by taking a different route.

Zig