Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:06 PM   #1

Default Quick Sling

I never thought the kind of neck strap I used would make much of a difference. And, they all seemed over-priced. Until.... http://goo.gl/jZcPA I got another one for the Fuji today!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:30 PM   #2

nice, a longer strap. I don't like the kind of metal clip to attach to the camera mount...too easy to bump and open by accident...would attach a safety to a wrist strap. If it were me, would use a different kind of clasp and have a waist strap...can't stand weight on neck or shoulders...but, nice looking rig. A lot better than standard neck strap which comes with cameras.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 4:33 AM   #3

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the link. Seems like this seller has a number of good items decently priced.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:35 AM   #4

It's a cheap knockoff of the BlackRapid R-Strap...they even copied BlackRapid's logo, changing it to a "Q" instead of the "R" that the BlackRapid uses.

BTW, I HATE this style of strap...I can't have anything that comes in front of my neck...I can't even wear ties or button up my shirt collar or else it will trigger my gag reflex. My first Oly C-Series only had one strap point, and the strap because it meets at the camera like an upside-down teardrop drove me nuts...I was glad when they updated the camera they used two strap points so the strap was no longer enclosing my neck.

I'm glad you found a strap you like, but make sure the camera harness on it is good because it is a knockoff!
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonewolf View Post
nice, a longer strap. I don't like the kind of metal clip to attach to the camera mount...too easy to bump and open by accident...would attach a safety to a wrist strap. If it were me, would use a different kind of clasp and have a waist strap...can't stand weight on neck or shoulders...but, nice looking rig. A lot better than standard neck strap which comes with cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the link. Seems like this seller has a number of good items decently priced.

Zig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefellh View Post
It's a cheap knockoff of the BlackRapid R-Strap...they even copied BlackRapid's logo, changing it to a "Q" instead of the "R" that the BlackRapid uses.

BTW, I HATE this style of strap...I can't have anything that comes in front of my neck...I can't even wear ties or button up my shirt collar or else it will trigger my gag reflex. My first Oly C-Series only had one strap point, and the strap because it meets at the camera like an upside-down teardrop drove me nuts...I was glad when they updated the camera they used two strap points so the strap was no longer enclosing my neck.

I'm glad you found a strap you like, but make sure the camera harness on it is good because it is a knockoff!
It may be a knock-off but it's really well-built and the fastener on it is not the typical carabiner-type. It has a barrel lock so it can't be inadvertently bumped open. Fastens to the camera with a tripod mount adapter. Take a look:

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote