Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:36 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
One thing that makes this group different than other forums, including good ones like 43Photo, is that folks here have a sense of humor. Even Zig does, if you catch him when he's not raking leaves.

Ted
What me?
Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:21 PM   #32

Absolutely not

Zig, I noticed the Rangers television broadcaster and former player and GM Tom Grieve was just inducted into the Cape Cod Baseball League Hall of Fame. I remember going to game in the mid-70's when he was playing outfield for the Rangers.

He said playing in that league in 1966 was the best summer he ever had.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Absolutely not

Zig, I noticed the Rangers television broadcaster and former player and GM Tom Grieve was just inducted into the Cape Cod Baseball League Hall of Fame. I remember going to game in the mid-70's when he was playing outfield for the Rangers.

He said playing in that league in 1966 was the best summer he ever had.
Hi Greg,

Not sure if you've read this, but here's a link to the CCBL official website announcing this year's recipient's.

http://www.capecodbaseball.org/

As for having the best summer, here on the cape, having gone to many games and talking with Andy Kropf, the son of a good friend of mine living in Atlanta, I have to say the life of a young guy playing baseball on the Cape is pretty special. Andy played 2 years here on the Cape, and told me many a story of all the beautiful young girls that followed the teams around hoping to have a date with one of them.

Andy got drafted by the Tigers organization and played 2 yrs of minor league ball before heading out on a musical career. Here is a link to a video of his band playing in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FD7o...eature=related
By the way, the name of his band is 'Ocean St' a popular street in Hyannis where the younger crowd hangs out.

Zig

Just as an aside, If Tom Grieve played ball for the Chatham Team, he played for the elite team of the League, located in arguably, the best town on the Cape.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Nov 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:26 PM   #34

My apologies to Greg (from the north) for hijacking this thread and turning everyone's attention to baseball.

Zig

Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
One thing that makes this group different than other forums, including good ones like 43Photo, is that folks here have a sense of humor. Even Zig does, if you catch him when he's not raking leaves.

Ted

Though I am not as active here as I would like, let me second this. One of the great advantages of this forum, for me, is that you don't instantly become everyone's enemy if you decide to switch systems or try to discuss a particular shortcoming of whatever gear you are using. Over at dpr or four thirds photo I've seen many long time users and contributors become persona non grata because they switched.

In no other forum I belong to I would feel as comfortable as I did here discussing why I went from olympus to nikon. Anywhere else I'd be flamed to death.

I think part of the reason is that this is also a relatively smaller forum with active moderation, so we don't have reps for certain companies pretending to be impartial observers like dpreview and even four thirds photo have.
dlpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpin View Post
In no other forum I belong to I would feel as comfortable as I did here discussing why I went from olympus to nikon.
What? You switched to Nikon and you have the gall to post something here???

JUST KIDDING! I'm working on an adult beverage or two and I'm on a roll.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:05 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
My apologies to Greg (from the north) for hijacking this thread and turning everyone's attention to baseball.

Zig
Hey, I'm easy to get along with. That goes for as long as the Badgers and Packers keep on winning. When one of 'em bites the dust, ya might just want to think twice about jacking one. I mean jacking it.....
I mean..... Oh never mind. Its just not comming out right.....

I guess I'm just saying I don't mind.

https://dogsportphoto.smugmug.com/
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:22 PM   #38

Hey guys: don't sugarcoat it: Has there been any thread where one or more of us don't hijack it??

(I thought it was expected of all of us. (Or at least expected to be hijacked by Ted or myself. LOL. )
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:30 PM   #39

Default Naughty people ...

Gidday Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Hey guys: don't sugarcoat it: Has there been any thread where one or more of us don't hijack it??

(I thought it was expected of all of us. (Or at least expected to be hijacked by Ted or myself. LOL. )
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome

As for thread-jacking - how could you! I have NEVER been known to do that myself ...

Am I OT?

Galleries: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Olympus dSLR bodies: E-30, E-510, E-1
Digital lenses: f2.8/25 pancake, f2/50 macro, 7~14, 11~22; 14~42, 14~45, 14~54 MkII, 40~150 MkI, 40~150 MkII, 50~200 MkI; EC-14; EX-25
plus: FL-36R, Studio Strobes, Epson R3880, V700, Scan Elite 5400 II, lots of OM gear .
John King is offline   Reply With Quote