Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
LOL! Well I certainly wouldn't show it to anyone whose opinion of me were one I valued. Would you?
Ted: Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way.
Maybe the real market should be the photographers who specialize in children photography! It just struck me that it would be a natural to get the kids attention and get them to look into the camera. ( It also should be carried by every clown performer, it would go perfect with a clown outfit.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:19 PM   #12

I thought about it and I think you're right. Heck, it makes we adults laugh - it's bound to be successful with kids.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:29 AM   #13

I don't know why this is news now since Pentax has had multi-colour cameras before, unless this is the first time this camera has reached these shows.

And I don't know what it has to do with Florida specifically as Florida isn't mentioned in the article.

Also don't know why we're discussing it in the OLYMPUS forum.

As for cars, Volkswagen has already had a few multi-coloured cars, look up HARLEQUIN VW.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefellh View Post
I don't know why this is news now since Pentax has had multi-colour cameras before, unless this is the first time this camera has reached these shows.

And I don't know what it has to do with Florida specifically as Florida isn't mentioned in the article.

Also don't know why we're discussing it in the OLYMPUS forum.

As for cars, Volkswagen has already had a few multi-coloured cars, look up HARLEQUIN VW.
It's a private joke between some members that you would probably not get without
following the root and theme of the humor...
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:35 AM   #15

looks like its made up of lego ... ! now that would be a cool street cam.. nobody would ever want to snatch one of those from you and I can image people not minding if you did take a snap or two!
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 5:52 PM   #16

not normally a frequenter of these forums but as a pentax user and a little knowledge about the japanese thought i might explain abit

its the kore je nai robo model - it loosely translates as "this is not the robot i wanted" something of a joke in japan about kids who dont get the robot toy they wanted - that would be the little robot guy and the camera is making fun of itself saying this isn't the camera you wanted
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Pattullo View Post
not normally a frequenter of these forums but as a pentax user and a little knowledge about the japanese thought i might explain abit

its the kore je nai robo model - it loosely translates as "this is not the robot i wanted" something of a joke in japan about kids who dont get the robot toy they wanted - that would be the little robot guy and the camera is making fun of itself saying this isn't the camera you wanted
Thanks, John. That adds to the fun of seeing that camera. Also it gives Steven R. plausible deniability in claiming it's not the camera he really wants.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:53 PM   #18

Its not there yet.

It would be better with a purple pancake instead of the kit lens.

https://dogsportphoto.smugmug.com/
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:56 PM   #19

Hi John, I'm with Ted on thanking you for providing some background to that !

Bye the way ... nice selection of lenses in your kit!

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote