Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 8, 2010, 4:17 PM   #1

Default That's it ... a new body !

After a lot of research, I decided to upgrade my Olympus gears ... and get the E-30 (body only). My heart was going to the E-5 .... and my wallet was more into the E-30 (which is still better than my E-520).

I am now trying to sell my E-520 and if I can't .... I'll keep it as a second (read backup) body for its new big(ger) sister.

Shots to follow ...
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:32 PM   #2

Hi Folob,

I upgraded from an E-510 to the E-30 back in April of 2009. I've been very happy with it's performance. It is miles ahead of the E-510. It is also major improvement over the E-520.

Right now, the only really important improvement (to me) found in the E-5 appears to be the AF system. And, maybe at some point I'll look into getting one.

Frankly, my next major camera upgrade will most likely involve a full frame camera and a new series of lenses. But that's a topic for another thread.

In the meantime, if you were happy with the E-520, you're going to love the E-30. Congrats!!

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:57 PM   #3

I went from the e510 to the e30 a month ago, and I second everything Zig said. It is a far better camera... not that image quality is much better - it is better but not drastically so - but because I can now get pics under conditions that were impossible or difficult before. I no longer have the urge to eBay my Zuiko 70-300 :-)
bobbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:42 AM   #4

congrats! I donated my E-500/40-150mm combo to a very talented teenage photographer in California who lost his Oly gear...

...now Oly sends him big $ glass to use, go figure :-{
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:30 PM   #5

HEy Edge! Thats a pretty cool thing to do and well.. he's getting where he is becuase of your kind generosity ...
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:10 AM   #6

So far ... only one complain ... my fingers are too short ! ... which is giving me some headaches to reach some controls
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
HEy Edge! Thats a pretty cool thing to do and well.. he's getting where he is becuase of your kind generosity ...
indeed Harj, I don't mind at all that he gets to have his hands on the good glass, he's really determined and doing a fine job.
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote