Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Oh, you did....after I went back and read it again....
Well that never happens to me. Except maybe once a day...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:38 PM   #12

Thank you guys. It's so cold right now that I don't even want to go outside to take pictures yet... maybe I'll bundle up and try it tomorrow. :P An external flash sounds like it'd be an investment to make once I figure out how to use the rest of my camera's features. Haha. For now I'll try playing with the settings. Thanks for the responses!
rawrkayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrkayx View Post
Thank you guys. It's so cold right now that I don't even want to go outside to take pictures yet... maybe I'll bundle up and try it tomorrow. :P An external flash sounds like it'd be an investment to make once I figure out how to use the rest of my camera's features. Haha. For now I'll try playing with the settings. Thanks for the responses!
Hi again,

You decision is a wise one. Before you go buying anything that you may or may not need, get to know your camera, it's capabilities, and become fully familiar with "cause and affect" i.e. if I change this setting what happens to the image.

There are two things that you can do now that will help you getting familiarized with the E-450.

First download a E-450 user manual and place a shortcut on your desktop for easy access. One of the first sections, I'd read is the section marked basic guide which explains the different camera functions and how to access them.

Another resource for you to look at is the Olympus USA website. If you go to the home page, you can look at all the products that Olympus currently makes. Just tab over to the "learn" section found under E-system cameras.
In that section, there are a lot of helpful tips on getting you started taking specific types of photographs using your E-450.

Here is the link:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...arn_center.asp

Congrats on getting your new camera. Feel free to ask questions, post your photos for all of us to admire, and most of all, have fun.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote