Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:57 PM   #1

Default Rocks 'n stuff

So this morning as the sun was showing it's face, I decided to take a walk. This time I thought to take my camera bag along....

Solmar, the place I stay here in Cabo is right at lands end, the southern most tip of the Baja. It's dry it's rocky and sandy and it's beautiful. One side is the Pacific Ocean and the other is the Sea of Cortez or the Gulf of California. I prefer the 'Sea" just because I re-read Steinbeck on my way down.

There's a nice long beach for my walk broken up by a rockfall then another long wide beach on the other side. In the mornings the second section is mine I only saw 2 people in the couple of hours I spent exploring. One came by Kayak, the other on a stand up surf board.

Later in the day though this changes as the boats bring "loads" of tourists, each wanting a piece of this wonderful place. I'm gone by then.

The end of the first beach as the sun comes up.

There's a bit of a climb to get over to "Lovers Beach" the guy in this photo gave up and came back as I went by in bare feet. Some guys are old at 40..! You can see him in the mid left.

Some proud Mexican, or happy Gringo left this last night.

Looking up to lookout hill. This is were the English privateers (Pirates) would wait in watch for the famed Manila Galleons as they came from the Philippines loaded with goodies that the Spanish wanted. They'd call in at La Paz to ready themselves for the trip around South America and Cape Horn........Saved them the trouble by making their ships lighter....

Then I found this scupture of a unicorn among naked people. Me weird.???

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 13, 2011 at 9:01 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:09 PM   #2

More of Mother Natures sculpure work.

At Lookout hill again.

Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:16 PM   #3

Wow. Interesting shots and interesting commentary. Enjoyed those, even if I'm jealous that I'm working every day while some people are playing on a Mexican Beach. LOL

(P.S. Speaking of Mexico, did you see my photos of a fat Mexican sunset that I posted here recently? You probably are seeing something like that on a daily basis.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:28 PM   #4

Yes, even more rocks.
I saw an owl here but then I haven't been on my meds while on this trip.

And now for some stuff....among the rocks.

Saw all kinds of alien people here.

At the farthest point of my walk I'm rewarded with this. A beautiful ship full of people wanting to take boats to MY beach. Oh well, time to leave it to them.

This is up on the crossover to the beach, had to take a photo of it on the way back. A friendly Mexican kid, Eduardo, told me some lady tried to get over while inebriated. Wasn't a good idea

The End!

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:27 AM   #5

Thanks for posting these - I enjoyed them even if I didn't see the naked people. (Did see the owl, though.)

Is that a pellican in the first photo?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:56 AM   #6

...I see owl, the aliens and all the others, great vacation stuff there. Fun documentaryisms (it's my word) too.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Wow. Interesting shots and interesting commentary. Enjoyed those, even if I'm jealous that I'm working every day while some people are playing on a Mexican Beach. LOL

(P.S. Speaking of Mexico, did you see my photos of a fat Mexican sunset that I posted here recently? You probably are seeing something like that on a daily basis.)
Steven, Didn't see you sneek in here last night!!!

Yes, I did see your fat sunsets. I think that's what inspired me to get off my dead butt and take the camera out.

I saw on TV the other day that Florida was the only state there was no snow that day and thought of you.

Sometimes I think that they forget that Hawaii is a state. Unless they had someone atop of Mauna Kea..

I caught a somewhat diffused sunset last night as the locals were fishing on the beach.
Attached Images

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Thanks for posting these - I enjoyed them even if I didn't see the naked people. (Did see the owl, though.)

Is that a pellican in the first photo?

Ted
Yes it's the pelican, they thrive down here with all the fish. It's fun walking along the beach and suddenly the rays will begin to jump and do a little dance, flopping back in the water.

Not great pics but they do show why the pelicans and other like it here. The splashes are the bigger fish joining the party. It's like watching the nature channel here.
Attached Images

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
...I see owl, the aliens and all the others, great vacation stuff there. Fun documentaryisms (it's my word) too.
____
boBB
Documentaryisms....I can see you're from GWB's State...

You saw aliens too, maybe I don't need those meds after all...

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 14, 2011 at 9:49 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Steven, Didn't see you sneek in here last night!!!

Yes, I did see your fat sunsets. I think that's what inspired me to get off my dead butt and take the camera out.

I saw on TV the other day that Florida was the only state there was no snow that day and thought of you.

Sometimes I think that they forget that Hawaii is a state. Unless they had someone atop of Mauna Kea..

I caught a somewhat diffused sunset last night as the locals were fishing on the beach.
Scouse: We can all see that you are having a good vacation. After the rough start, we are all happy for you.

(No, they did not forget about Hawaii, it did have a snowfall on top of the mountains.) Florida was the only 1 of 50 who escaped the snow, but what they didn't say was that the northern part of the state had ice and a heavy frost. We just had frost in Tampa again. All my tropical plants have been killed for the 2nd winter in a row. It's getting rather expensive to replace them. So enjoy the beautiful weather in Baja. Glad you are having a good time.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote