Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:37 AM   #1

Default Olympus E-5 and 43 Codes

You may have seen this at DPR. Someone leaked the info on how to access shutter actuations and other hidden codes for the E-5 and 43 cameras. John Foster has combined it with his earlier info at Biofos:

http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html

Ted

PS: I really like the FS3 grid focus screen on the E-5 (it also fits the E-3 and E-30).
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:14 AM   #2

The grid does sound nice. As nice as the digital level is, something like that in front of your face that you don't have to look down to the bottom of the scene to see is easier to use.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
The grid does sound nice. As nice as the digital level is, something like that in front of your face that you don't have to look down to the bottom of the scene to see is easier to use.
I do like the grid. I tried the digital level but when I'm composing I like to do a 2-step process, the first step quickly if possible: check exposure and then concentrate on composition and at that point I prefer not to look around outside the FOV for the camera display info. I suspect that's the same for you.

If we ever get an end to sleet and snow driven by strong winds, I'm looking forward to using the E5 with the grid. The E5 is much more weather-resistant than I am...

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Jan 19, 2011 at 4:21 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:23 PM   #4

Yeah, this was a good time of the year to send it off so you won't miss it nearly as much.

As Bob said in another post, it looks like we're in for some more of that freezing stuff tomorrow.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
................... The E5 is much more weather-resistant than I am...
Ted
LOL. I don't have an E-5, but I can certainly empathize with your statement!!!! Almost anything is more weather-resistant than me, as most of you probably realize.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:04 PM   #6

......and I should have sent my E-3 in for mirror cleaning and to have the LCD fixed. One of the screw stripped from the 'chincy' plastic, now I leave the LCD exposed because it 'parts' if attempting to lift it from the seat position.

I've now had 6-months to get it fixed, procrastination is a feature of retirement.

As for weather resistance, I'm in that same rec-league with Steven.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote