Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:00 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: wales , uk
Posts: 63
Default singing in the sunshine

First bit of sunshine for days and a couple of the little uns decided it was spring


P1199822 by alexsally52, on Flickr



P1199828 by alexsally52, on Flickr


P1199851 by alexsally52, on Flickr

having poor light has been a drag so nice to have sun for once..
__________________
www.wildaboutfilms.com my olympus shots in video
alexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default

Very nice. Can you please package and export the sunshine?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:13 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: wales , uk
Posts: 63
Default

you wouldn't want it. Its one day in ...err 20 and then rainy for the rest.
al
__________________
www.wildaboutfilms.com my olympus shots in video
alexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs View Post
you wouldn't want it. Its one day in ...err 20 and then rainy for the rest.
al
LOL During my only trip to England (a business trip many years ago) I was there for 2 weeks and it never rained (mostly cloudy, but no rain). No one on either side of the pond believes me.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs View Post
First bit of sunshine for days and a couple of the little uns decided it was spring


P1199822 by alexsally52, on Flickr



P1199828 by alexsally52, on Flickr


P1199851 by alexsally52, on Flickr

having poor light has been a drag so nice to have sun for once..
Great shots Alexs. Love the way you composed the shots and gave the little 'uns some room. Great DOF to them. Well done.
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
LOL During my only trip to England (a business trip many years ago) I was there for 2 weeks and it never rained (mostly cloudy, but no rain). No one on either side of the pond believes me.

Ted
Love the way people talk about English weather. I'll agree it's not where I'd go for a summer holiday if I wanted sun....But a few years back I took my wife for the first time. the weather got into the 90's they were afraid the Thames would dry up that year. You pays your money and takes your chances...

And talking of weather and sunshine....Take this Ted.....
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
...
........................................
And talking of weather and sunshine....Take this Ted.....

Ah ha! All is not perfect. Look gang. His face is sunburned! Maybe that's payback for making us all jealous with his playing on the beach for weeks at a time!

And nice shots Alex. Glad you finally saw some sunshine.

(P.S. is that the rare whalebone fish you caught? LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Ah ha! All is not perfect. Look gang. His face is sunburned! Maybe that's payback for making us all jealous with his playing on the beach for weeks at a time!

And nice shots Alex. Glad you finally saw some sunshine.

(P.S. is that the rare whalebone fish you caught? LOL
Not just my face, even though I will have to have a nose replacment (RHinoplasty???) after I fried this one off. But my back was hot and tight last night.

Funny, first time in a couple of months I've felt it.

Sorry Alexs, I really do love your poor sun starved birds.
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:32 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
(P.S. is that the rare whalebone fish you caught? LOL
Yeah, all the fishermen I know try to catch something edible.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:53 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Yeah, all the fishermen I know try to catch something edible.

Ted
Didn't say I wasn't trying.... I whipped that water into a froth before catching that rock.
The whale bone was contributed to Sharon's beach collection. Mostly coral and shells but the 'whale' bone. (Or swimming cow but I think it's too big even for a cow) will add.

That poor car wil be heavy going home.
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:07 PM.