Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:10 PM   #1

Default Red sky in the morning....

Sharon dragged me out the other morning when she saw the sky starting to colour up. In pajama bottoms and hoodie. Coffee in one hand, camera in the other I went down to the beach.
Never did see the sun that day in fact it got bloody cold and windy. I had to put a sweater under a light jacket. Still had shorts and flip flops though.

Today the sun returned to El Sargento, the kite boarding mecca of Mexico. These 2 shots were taken before the wind...and most of the surfers where up.

Sharon in the outdoor kitchen/eating/computer area of this cool little place we're staying at. Took the manager out to dinner tonight, such a nice guy.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:15 PM   #2

Neat place. I wouldn't mind building something like this and staying here.
Attached Images

Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:16 PM   #3

Wow, really like the vivid colors of #2 and #3. All are good.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:47 AM   #4

Thanks Steven, that's the way the colours are here.
I had the polorizer on for a while but the photos seemed unreal. The sky, intense on one end of the pic faded as it went across.
I guess you get what you pay for!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:45 AM   #5

Those colors are really great!

Does that outdoor kitchen have a thatched roof? The appliances get wet when it rains?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:23 PM   #6

Hi Ken,

I've never have been to Mexico, but seeing these makes me think that I'm missing something special. Will have to add this to bucket list.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:33 PM   #7

It's not a thatch Ted, It's rows of thin branches, some use bamboo. And yes, when it rains it gets wet. He's had to mop the place up twice this past year.
They had a hurricane 18 months ago and it did get wet but the sun comes out again and he mops. It really doesn't look like they had any real damage, I looked. Me, I would put something rainproof over the appliances.

Zig, funny I resisted it for years, my friends in LA used to go down and ask me to come along. Then I went down to Puerto Escondido a few of years back then Baja the last 3 years. Now I'm wondering why in the hell I didn't go down and build a place 25 years ago. I'm in love with the place and the people. We, Sharon and I got a really good feel about this place El Sargento. Talked to a builder this morning about building us a small home there. When we get back to the island we need to think long about our lives and where we're going.

Got to Puerto San Carlos today and tomorrow we've arranged a boat to take us out onto the Bay of Magdelana to play with the Grey Whales and their calves. I will have my camera! The females are known to sheepheard the calves alongside the boats to "Meet and greet" the people. Touchy feely time. Here's hoping we find a friendy Mama.