Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:15 PM   #11

Default 70-300 Sequence of shots (2)

more ... (note: they are not that bad at charging ... in October. However, at spring....)
Attached Images

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by folob View Post
more ... (note: they are not that bad at charging ... in October. However, at spring....)
So you're saying that in the spring the females are looking at Gilles and going "Hmmm" and the males are saying - get this dude out of here?

ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
So you're saying that in the spring the females are looking at Gilles and going "Hmmm" and the males are saying - get this dude out of here?

ted
To make a short story ... yeap. They are not as bad as black bears (or Grizzlys) but they can give you a serous headache ... so better safe than sorry (this is when you love your 70-300mm)

It is "funny" to see tourists on a side road trying to take pictures of big horns from 6 feet away ... and sometime with toddlers in their arms...

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:44 PM   #14

Yeah - I've watched people at Yellowstone walk right up to a moose to take a picture. (Do they not get how large a moose is? Most horses are smaller.)

I have the impression that the park rangers there, feel that Charles Darwin was correct - natural selection removes the idiots in the species. And we're not talking about the moose...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Yeah - I've watched people at Yellowstone walk right up to a moose to take a picture. (Do they not get how large a moose is? Most horses are smaller.)

I have the impression that the park rangers there, feel that Charles Darwin was correct - natural selection removes the idiots in the species. And we're not talking about the moose...

Ted
Buffalo are good for working the Darwin theory. My Daughter used to work in Jellystone, the workers there are VERY cautious around Buffalo.

Hoping that I can earn a bit of money this year and pick up a used E620 or even a E30.....PRIORITIES...!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote