Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:29 PM   #1

Default Been to the gas pump lately?

Filled one of the cars last night. Then later happened to be going thru some of my photos. Thought I would share this one with everybody. I think that we can all relate.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:31 PM   #2

Just as an FYI, here is the original in color.

Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:44 PM   #3

If Tampa wasn't so far away, I'd definitely beat a path there to fill up!

Regular unleaded is running $3.19 a gallon here right now...at least, as of when I went to bed last night. Last June when we went to San Francisco, it was well over $4 a gallon, and the car rental company was going to charge $8.99 a gallon to fill it up if you did not return the car with a full tank. I hate to think what it's costing there now.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Just as an FYI, here is the original in color.
Hah! What fun. Was that just colored liquid in the tank?

Many of you may not know that those original gas pumps pumped the gas into that clear tank at the top so the customer could confirm how much he/she was paying for (gas tanks in cars were much smaller then). Now, of course, we accept being hosed, ooops, I mean we accept the quantity without visual confirmation.

Ted

PS: and no, Steven, I do not personally remember these pumps. I can read your mind so don't start on me...

Last edited by tkurkowski; Mar 1, 2011 at 2:24 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:46 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
If Tampa wasn't so far away, I'd definitely beat a path there to fill up!

Regular unleaded is running $3.19 a gallon here right now...at least, as of when I went to bed last night. Last June when we went to San Francisco, it was well over $4 a gallon, and the car rental company was going to charge $8.99 a gallon to fill it up if you did not return the car with a full tank. I hate to think what it's costing there now.
You guys have it so easy!!!! We are paying $9.61 with the current exchange rate, it's crazy!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:48 PM   #6

Default Like those???

Those a real antiques ...
Attached Images

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
You guys have it so easy!!!! We are paying $9.61 with the current exchange rate, it's crazy!
Where are you? You're right that in the US the low gas prices are the reason I'm surrounded by big fat gas hog porkers that I can't see around to get an early warning of trouble ahead.

Ted
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by folob View Post
Those a real antiques ...
Nice photo. Those old pumps are symbolic of a time long ago.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Nice photo. Those old pumps are symbolic of a time long ago.
That shot was taken at the Ukrainian Village (historical settlement), East of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We had an outing there last week-end (the local photo club) and I couldn't resist (lucky us, it was only about 15f with a bit of snow and wind ... since now is about -25f) !!

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by folob View Post
That shot was taken at the Ukrainian Village (historical settlement), East of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We had an outing there last week-end (the local photo club) and I couldn't resist (lucky us, it was only about 15f with a bit of snow and wind ... since now is about -25f) !!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! I get cold just thinking about that. It was a little warmer than that when I took my shots.