Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:25 PM   #1

Default What could have been...

I was with the kids this afternoon, just walking about and playing in the snow. I saw this bird amongst the crows that stuck out. It turned in a way that showed it's white head and tail.

I take out the camera, which had the 14-42mm, for the sake of taking some type of picture. Then figure, what the hell, let's try to put on the 70-300mm to get a better picture.

At the time, it had already started to float away East... when I took this picture which strangely showed more than those taken with the 14-42mm when I was closer! This is a 100% crop.

If I would have had the 70-300mm on, I would have had a great picture of it... sigh...

Last edited by TekiusFanatikus; Mar 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM.
TekiusFanatikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:53 PM   #2

I hear you. My 70-300 has been a fairly recent addition, and I'm still learning it's strengths and weakness. But I must admit that I now keep it on the camera at all times, and only put other lens when specifically needed. You just never know when something will pop up and you need the extra reach.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekiusFanatikus View Post
I was with the kids this afternoon, just walking about and playing in the snow. I saw this bird amongst the crows that stuck out. It turned in a way that showed it's white head and tail.

I take out the camera, which had the 14-42mm, for the sake of taking some type of picture. Then figure, what the hell, let's try to put on the 70-300mm to get a better picture.

At the time, it had already started to float away East... when I took this picture which strangely showed more than those taken with the 14-42mm when I was closer! This is a 100% crop.

If I would have had the 70-300mm on, I would have had a great picture of it... sigh...
At least you got a shot. I had 13 of these beauties hovering over me yesterday on the wind and I didn't have the camera.

They gather in this area every spring, salmon are running and the Eagles are nesting.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 7:49 AM   #4

I have been looking through this fellow's galleries, one of which is Bald Eagles of Alaska.

As I have said before, I've never seen a bald eagle in a natural setting but for me his photos depict what I envision a feeling of what it might be like if I were to be along on this photo tour.

So, for all other Eagle photo lovers take some time to see these incredible photos
http://www.shetzers.com/galleries

AMENDED: For those who aren't familiar with SmugMug, once a gallery is selected and the thumbnail page is presented see the UPPER RIGHT corner, the very best way to see these Eagle photos is via the 'slideshow', full screen excellence.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Mar 5, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrennan View Post
w o w!!