Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 13, 2011, 1:22 PM   #1

Default B&W pics - a wee fashion shoot

Hi Guys

Back in studio on Friday .. so the first shoot of 2011 and also a test to see whether the sensor clean and hard reset worked or not. The shoot well .. was bit of a "carry on" at the beginning (if your a Brit you'll know what that means!" as I hadn ensured that I hadn't got all of the styling before the shoot - was hoping that this fashio house that have leant me their amazing clothes before would have done so again.

These are just low res B&W's - no retouching, just exported straight out of LR3, as I've not got around to selecting the final selection of images. Once again, the amazing Liz Scott was modelling and the MUA on the day was Monica Rossi (location Adrian Pinis Studio) :

There's a definite improvement in the IQ since the reset. Its not huge but its defiiently visible when checking the files and they do look as good as they used to be a year or two ago and you can see it in the last pic of the shoot - thats close up head shot. The hair on the sensor is still there which is a shame but its not as evident so I'm going to try and other clean and see if I can finally remove it.

Cheers

Harj

PS.

I'll be psoting some 100% crops when I can as well.

Last edited by HarjTT; Mar 13, 2011 at 2:11 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2011, 2:55 PM   #2

Man oh man! Your "bird" shots are so much more interesting then mine!! Really enjoy your shots Harj. Oh, yeah, the shots are sharp,etc, but with your subjects, we weren't really paying attention. LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 3:40 PM   #3

Hi Harj

Really great shots! And Steve's right that they're better than his "bird shots" although I'm willing to admit that these photos are in a different category...
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 6:23 PM   #4

......thanks Harj, it is good to see your work again and good to see Liz again too.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:28 PM   #5

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments .. considering the really shakey start to the day, the shoot turned out really well. Another couple of lessons learnt in the studio ..

Liz, is pretty amazing model ..she was not helped by my slow start to the shoot and that did effect the first look. She looked completely different from the previous shoot and more so by the time we got to the 3rd look.

Last edited by HarjTT; Mar 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:45 PM   #6

I'm afraid this type model would be a little too intimidating for me! Georgeous lady, and I really like your lighting, but put me behind the camera and in front of her, I might forget what the heck a shutter speed is!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:47 PM   #7

Hi Greg

I do know exactly what you mean about being intimidated and there have been times in previus shoots esp when I started this where I was just not sure what to do next. .

Luckily Liz is just such a fab and funny girl that you can just crack on and shes such a Pro when it comes to being infront of the camera that she makes it so much easier for you. Sometimes it takes me to get to the 2nd look before I'm relaxed enough to be able just get into the flow and that was the case this time round .. and with another model that could have been seriously hard work.

Cheers

Harj

PS.

2 retouched pics in colour:

Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:18 PM   #8

Harj, those are really good shots. You had a beautiful subject to shoot, somehow my cardinal shots in B&W don't seem to have the same effect : (
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Harj, these are great. i like them both in mono and color. really love #2 and #4.

great work, great model
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:52 AM   #10

lovely shots of a lovely model.......

thanks for posting.

What lens are you using here?

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote