Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:45 PM   #11

I can't say anything. The Rays have started off the season race by going hard in reverse.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I can't say anything. The Rays have started off the season race by going hard in reverse.
I hear you. The true Sox (the White ones) are doing fine but I find it's good to keep your head down regarding sports commentary and predictions in this forum.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:21 PM   #13

It is....a looooong season....
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Well that's the truth!

Ted
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Take that Zig! A sweep for the Tribe
Ok, so what if the Indians will finish the year in the cellar. They thumped the Socks for a sweep. I'm guessing the natives are getting restless regarding the start after everyone all but crowned them AL champs? I like the Socks, and hate the Yankees so I'm hopeful they'll get things worked out before they get themselves in a hole they can't dig out of. Wild Card will be tough in the AL this year so they need to win the East outright.
Hi John,

I was wondering when someone was going to get around to pointing out to me, the double sweep of the Sox.

As I said earlier, The fact that many have picked the Sox to take it all is really like the Kiss of Death.
Texas, again has a great team and has always played the Sox tough. So, I wasn't surprised. But losing two series in a row. Yikes, they are making it tough on themselves. And, it's is not going to get any easier for them.

To top it all off, I've friends coming in from Manhattan. Naturally, they are big Yankee fans. This weekend could really be a long one.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
True. But, the Tribe isn't going to compete so I have to talk smack while I can
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:42 PM   #17

Like, John, I talk smack while I can about the Rangers. We're all afraid down here in Texas that last year was just an anomaly after 38 long years of heartbreak & misery. The guys pitching well in April almost all have a history of hanging it up come June, so we just enjoy it while we can. Maybe we'll have another year like last year, but we're more accustomed to this:
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:15 AM   #18

Quote:
We're all afraid down here in Texas that last year was just an anomaly
....now Jerry, we in Arlington don't agree and truly believe the past is just that. Well, I do anyway. Good to see you on the forum.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....now Jerry, we in Arlington don't agree and truly believe the past is just that. Well, I do anyway. Good to see you on the forum.
Bo, I remember the very first season when the Rangers came to town. I was 11 and I would take a portable radio to bed with me and hide it under the covers with one of those old cheap plastic ear peices. I remember many a night with the Rangers ahead by 1 or 2 runs going into the 8th or 9th and suddenly the Yankees or A's or Red Sox, or George Brett & the Royals pounding the bullpen. I was a glutton for punishment though, because it never stopped me from torturing myself for almost 40 years! I still have those painful baseball scars & it's going to take a couple of consistent seasons before I stop looking over my shoulder, LOL! But, even if they can't duplicate anything close to last season, I'll keep watching & listening. I just can't help myself. Thanks for the welcome, I find this forum a lot fun.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnan View Post
Bo, I remember the very first season when the Rangers came to town. I was 11 and I would take a portable radio to bed with me and hide it under the covers with one of those old cheap plastic ear peices. I remember many a night with the Rangers ahead by 1 or 2 runs going into the 8th or 9th and suddenly the Yankees or A's or Red Sox, or George Brett & the Royals pounding the bullpen.
My friends who are Nationals fans would tell you it served them right for sneaking out of town in 1971 when they were the Senators.