Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:23 PM   #11

What photos....Oooops, hold that just saw lottsa chrome and shiney paint.
And there they are, way cool man...as we used to say.

Good stuff, Steve.

I used to have this 1964 Mustang in my LA days. Forever replacing the thowout bearing on the cluch pressure plate. Even kept spares because I knew it was going to go, when least expected.
Like on the road from the golden gate bridge to Sausilito with two wheels up on the kerb and a paint brush handle to line up the splines..!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:00 PM   #12

.....I see them!

Some memories for me too, CRAGAR 5-spoke once on my '70 Datsun truck and I had a 454 in my '74 Chevy truck. Bummer on the password for the 'show' gallery.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:15 PM   #13

This was my first car....well not this actual one, mine wasn't in as good a condition. My brother and I bought it for 25 GBP back when we were apprentices and everyone else (in our world) ride bicycles with motors on the back wheel. Never did have a lid for it but we didn't care.

1938 MG SA.
History: Originally driven from the Abingdon factory as a rolling chassis to Charlesworth Bodies in Coventry to be fitted with this 4 seat - 4 door tourer body. It then went into service with the Lancashire Police Force where it remained until 1948.This is an extremely rare MG. Of the 90 SA tourers that were built there are only 18 survivors. Of those 18 only 7 have this body type and of those only 5 are roadworthy. Not only is this roadworthy but it is in fabulous condition having had a first class and well documented restoration some years ago. This must be one of the finest 4 seater tourerís available today and at half the price of a Derby Bentley great value for money at 79,995 GBP

Wish I still had it......
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:42 PM   #14

....aww, that is a beauty! I wanted really bad a certain MG coupe I found in Des Moines, IA in 1959, I believe it was a 1955 model year. The problem was I did not have any money and was going to school to learn enough to get a decent job, a year later I still did not have any money and my hope had turned to a 1957 Triumph rag-top. In the end I never got either but finally in 1964 I bought new (1500$) Datsun Fairlady. That car kept me busy balancing the WEBER type down draft carbs....that was my MG experience.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 5, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:39 AM   #15

Excelent Photos Steven. You rock.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....I see them!

Some memories for me too, CRAGAR 5-spoke once on my '70 Datsun truck and I had a 454 in my '74 Chevy truck. Bummer on the password for the 'show' gallery.
Thanks Bob: I had to create a another gallery to get the photos to show. If you want to see the other shots use this link and you can see the rest:
http://stevenr.smugmug.com/Cars/Plan...37102949_W4XhD
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post

This was my first car....well not this actual one, mine wasn't in as good a condition. My brother and I bought it for 25 GBP back when we were apprentices and everyone else (in our world) ride bicycles with motors on the back wheel. Never did have a lid for it but we didn't care.

1938 MG SA.
History: Originally driven from the Abingdon factory as a rolling chassis to Charlesworth Bodies in Coventry to be fitted with this 4 seat - 4 door tourer body. It then went into service with the Lancashire Police Force where it remained until 1948.This is an extremely rare MG. Of the 90 SA tourers that were built there are only 18 survivors. Of those 18 only 7 have this body type and of those only 5 are roadworthy. Not only is this roadworthy but it is in fabulous condition having had a first class and well documented restoration some years ago. This must be one of the finest 4 seater tourerís available today and at half the price of a Derby Bentley great value for money at 79,995 GBP

Wish I still had it......
Wow, for only "79,995 GBP" you can still have it. Probably pocket change for a rich real estate guru like yourself!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peru_shyam View Post
Excelent Photos Steven. You rock.

Thanks Peru, and welcome to the forum. We are an informal and friendly bunch here.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:23 AM   #19

Wish I still had it......[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....aww, that is a beauty! I wanted really bad a certain MG coupe I found in Des Moines, IA in 1959, I believe it was a 1955 model year. The problem was I did not have any money and was going to school to learn enough to get a decent job, a year later I still did not have any money and my hope had turned to a 1957 Triumph rag-top. In the end I never got either but finally in 1964 I bought new (1500$) Datsun Fairlady. That car kept me busy balancing the WEBER type down draft carbs....that was my MG experience.
You guys are really bringing back memories. I had a '67 MGB from 1971 to 1983. I really loved that ragtop - fire engine red with chrome wire wheels. Bob - the carbs were easy if you had the carb-tuning gizmo - you put it in front of the intake and it had sort of a pitot tube where the suction caused a little red plastic cylinder to float upwards along a scale. You saw where it floated on the first carb and then put it on the second carb and adjusted that one to put the red indicator in the same place. Took longer for me to type than to actually do - what a godsend that was.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:13 PM   #20

I coudda used that gizmo. that old car had dual SU's and twin OH cams.
We put an inverter in the boot with my friend Joey's amplifier. I'd drive out to Ainsdale beach then Joe would stand on the back with his guitar....Instant beach blanket bingo......

He took of and left me when he formed a group and went off to Hamburg with the Beatles.
I cudda been a rock star, I coudda been a contender.