Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:20 PM   #1

Default Dew in the garden

E-330 with legacy OM 50mm:

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:52 PM   #2

Sweet. I love the color.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:06 PM   #3

I love the shot as well.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:08 PM   #4

Very nice indeed ... especially that I love bright colours!

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:25 PM   #5

Thanks guys. I picked up the legacy OM Zuiko 50mm macro for a song several years ago. Don't use it often, but it seems to work better with the E-330 than the E-520.

It is probably my imagination, but I seem to like the colors and images from the E330 better than the E-520. But, I usually shoot with the E520 because it has IS, as I usually have a longer lens attached.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:18 AM   #6

.....didn't Olympus switch sensors coming off the E-330. I still like using my old 300 for reasons I've stated in the past including the color results.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:46 AM   #7

Yeah, the E330 was the first Olympus DSLR to use a Panasonic sensor. The live view modes on the E330 are a better implementation for live view shooting then anything since. The E520 also was the first Olympus DSLR to use a pretty heavy-handed AA filter in front of the sensor, so I wouldn't be suprised if the E330 didn't resolve a lot more fine detail.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:04 PM   #8

The shine on the water drop on the petal is nice.

I like to use solar light to shoot flowers, in my home studio always the colors turns weird on it and I can't find the reason why.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
The shine on the water drop on the petal is nice.

I like to use solar light to shoot flowers, in my home studio always the colors turns weird on it and I can't find the reason why.
Thanks Marcelo. My flower garden is at the back of the house, and faces east. So if I can get up early enough on the weekends, the shooting conditions are just right. I can't shed any light (pun intended) on your home studio shots and their color. I only shoot flowers outdoors.

Gary T is the indoor flower master, maybe he will comment on his setups for shooting flowers in the home.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Thanks Marcelo. My flower garden is at the back of the house, and faces east. So if I can get up early enough on the weekends, the shooting conditions are just right. I can't shed any light (pun intended) on your home studio shots and their color. I only shoot flowers outdoors.

Gary T is the indoor flower master, maybe he will comment on his setups for shooting flowers in the home.
I *normally* use existing light and a longer exposure with indoor set-ups. I never use on-camera flash. If I must use a flash, it is always off-camera and always diffused in some manner. I may or may not use a little backlight. Depends on the flower and effect I want. Harsh light (built-in flash or on-camera flash) flattens and hardens them. I try to use a background that makes them pop and stand out. I feel flowers are suppose to be delicate and fragile. Water droplets always makes them look fresh and alive.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote