Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldspringer View Post
I don't know if this helps or not.

Your photos show great detail. The difference with the lighter AA filter shows more of its stuff when there is more real estate from the subject and cropping becomes necessary.
Hi Greg,

Thanks for jumping in.

While I think the images coming out of the E-510 are good with plenty of detail,
They, looking thru my eyes, are not in the same class as the ones you've posted.

Now, to be fair, you're also using the 300mm 2.8 lens which, in and of itself,
makes a major impact. Add the E-5 and it's jpeg processor and sensor and it's a different ballgame.

The E-30, while, it is an improvement in may ways over the E-510 and E-520 series dslrs, doesn't compare to the E5 in image quality as the AA filter just isn't up to the same standards.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Greg,

Thanks for jumping in.

While I think the images coming out of the E-510 are good with plenty of detail,
They, looking thru my eyes, are not in the same class as the ones you've posted.

Now, to be fair, you're also using the 300mm 2.8 lens which, in and of itself,
makes a major impact. Add the E-5 and it's jpeg processor and sensor and it's a different ballgame.

The E-30, while, it is an improvement in may ways over the E-510 and E-520 series dslrs, doesn't compare to the E5 in image quality as the AA filter just isn't up to the same standards.

Zig
Hi Zig,

To cut to the point, it has less to do with the camera than it has to do with getting close, filling the frame, in good light, with a stable platform, with good timing, and so on.

I find your shots top notch. You got close enough to reveal outstanding detail, and worked hard enough to catch some great moments as they were visiting. The fruit was the result of the labor.

https://dogsportphoto.smugmug.com/
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote