Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:32 PM   #11

I'm in

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Steven,

paying for my overnight accommodations is not a problem for me. But, I am used to a certain , shall we say, minimum acceptance level.

i.e. this is the last place we stayed while in your lovely state:
Gee zig, sorry you had to stay in such a slum. Why didn't you call me and I could have found a proper shelter for you.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
During thoroughbred season(!), which started down here last weekend. I am planning on being at the track both this Friday evening and Saturday with my E5 for the first time.
........what times (Fri & Sat) are you being there Greg? My son is talking of going Sat, asked if I wanted to meet them there, nothing definite yet.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
My vote is that we all meet at Steven's home in Tampa, FL. this November.
By that time, everyplace I can think of is really getting fairly cold, wet, dreary,
or just plain inhospitable. The gulf coast side of Florida, at that time, is pretty spectacular.

Whaddya think Steven? I'll pack my bags as soon as you give us the go-ahead.........

Zig
Well, I have two unused bedrooms. and if Ted decides to come we can always throw a sleeping bag on the floor. LOL.

Seriously, maybe this is a viable idea. My little back yard is on a small pond, and sometimes the big birds come to you. Lots of wildlife within a few minutes walk. I'm within about an hour from Disney, 1/2 hour to Bush Gardens, the Florida State Aquarium, and the Lowry Zoo, about an hour to Clearwater Beach or St. Pete, about an hour to some Botanical Gardens, etc. About an hour to Sarasota, etc, etc.

My only concern is that you may find out that I have no real photography talent, I'm just lucky and blessed with an abundance of great locations that allow anyone to take super photos.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Well, I have two unused bedrooms. and if Ted decides to come we can always throw a sleeping bag on the floor. LOL.
If your place is like the one in Zig's photo, a sleeping bag would be fine.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
........what times (Fri & Sat) are you being there Greg? My son is talking of going Sat, asked if I wanted to meet them there, nothing definite yet.
I'll be there early. I always get there in time to listen to the handicappers give their appraisal of each field. Not that it does me any good, but it's just part of the fun. I figure out the 5-6 races I want to place a bet, get them in early and go about the business of what I want to shoot. 5:30 Friday and 12:30 Saturday will probably be very close to when I get there. Otherwise, during most races you'd be able to find me way down close to the final turn.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Apr 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:27 PM   #17

There are a few meetups in Toronto every year, but it's mostly for locals to discuss Olympus and try out each others' equipment. It's done through TPMG.ca, Toronto Photography Meetup Group.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote