Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1

Default Hey, Harj

Let me be the first to say that we're eagerly awaiting photos of the wedding from a Sikh point of view.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:38 PM   #2

You're a trouble maker Ted.... But I would like to see a wedding dress shoot from Harj. You were invited, weren't you ????

I can give you the view of one Engerlishman from Liverpool when I say that Oliver Cromwell had the right idea when dealing with monarchy....
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
You're a trouble maker Ted.... But I would like to see a wedding dress shoot from Harj.
She certainly is cute enough. But I doubt she'd do the makeup and clothing Harj favors...

Ted
Old May 1, 2011, 4:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I can give you the view of one Engerlishman from Liverpool when I say that Oliver Cromwell had the right idea when dealing with monarchy....
I don't have an opinion on that - to me, only citizens or former citizens of a monarchy have the right to an opinion of it (like you), not outsiders.

But I sure do have an opinion about the two Princes. William is a pilot of a rescue chopper. A chopper is the most difficult aircraft to learn to fly.

If you learn to fly one well, it takes you two more years to learn to fly an Apache. Prince Harry flies an Apache. As a former Navy Officer, I would salute either of them any time, anywhere.

Ted
Old May 1, 2011, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
I don't have an opinion on that - to me, only citizens or former citizens of a monarchy have the right to an opinion of it (like you), not outsiders.

But I sure do have an opinion about the two Princes. William is a pilot of a rescue chopper. A chopper is the most difficult aircraft to learn to fly.

If you learn to fly one well, it takes you two more years to learn to fly an Apache. Prince Harry flies an Apache. As a former Navy Officer, I would salute either of them any time, anywhere.

Ted
As military officers I don't have any problems at all. And they seem likeable lads.
As for Monarchy If a guy lead his country to war with a sword in his hand and vanquishes the foe to keep the country united, I'd "vote" for him.

But that went out in the 1400's In the mid 1600's we had a civil war to get rid of them but someone though it'd be a good idea to bring them back. Then in the late 1700's it almost happened again after the French got rid of their royalty. The 13 English colonies in American rebelled, there were rebellions in England as well as a huge mutiny in the navy.

Off with their heads, I say.

Last edited by Scouse; May 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2011, 1:06 PM   #6

Hey Guys

Sorry for the late reply .. the nets been down at home until today so I've not had a chance to reply. Wedding wise, I decided against gate crashing on the day .. knowing me Id have lost my invite (its in the post they say!) and then I'd have missed the food (likely nothing veggie so no loss!) , all the extra agrro of metal detectors and itchy trigger finger police chappys! However, i did go yesterday .. thinking they might do soemthing different and do what Indian's do the following day and invite both married familes over.. no such luck. Lost of pics and i've not had a chance to upload them to smugmug but I did get one of the happy couple, so a new gallery is due and I'll post some pics asap...

Regards the styling and MU .. it was ok .. nothing special, although better than what I could style.. I was thinking a combat fatigues miltary wedding would have been cool !!!

On another note, I came across a site on the way back from Buckigham Palace and Horse Guards that really shocked and put the whole event into another perspective. It took me some time and courage to take the couple of snaps that i took and i'm not sure whether to post that pic on its own as a seperate thread.

Cheers

Harj

Last edited by HarjTT; May 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote