Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 1, 2011, 6:10 PM   #1

Default A tale of two halves or cities ....

This won;t have too many pics as its more thought provoking than anything else:

1. St James Park - just a few 100 yards from the palace and celebrations are still carrying on.

2. On Horse Guards Parade but on the opposte sidewalk:

Pretty shocking to see that this chap was sleeping on the street, in broad daylight on Horse guards Parade(opposite side) with tourists and locals just walking past as if he was invisible.

I'm still shocked each time I look at the pics. I though I;d seen most kinds of people sleeping rough in London seeing this guy was something else and to think that within 50 yards of where he was sleeping it was as if it was a totally different world. I found it really hard to take these shots but forced myself to do so but had to hold back and not frame the shots closer or capture his face just to show some kind of respect for him.

Cheers

Harj

Last edited by HarjTT; May 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2011, 6:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
This won;t have too many pics as its more thought provoking than anything else:

1. St James Park - just a few 100 yards from the palace and celebrations are still carrying on.

2. On Horse Guards Parade but on the opposte sidewalk:

Pretty shocking to see that this chap was sleeping on the street, in broad daylight on Horse guards Parade(opposite side) with tourists and locals just walking past as if he was invisible.

I'm still shocked each time I look at the pics - to think that within 50 yards of where he was sleeping it was as if it was a totally different world. I foudn it really hard to take these shots but forced myself to do so but had to hold back and not frame the shots closer or capture his face just to show some kind of respect for him.

Cheers

Harj

Shocking indeed Harj, This also shows the world and time might be different even between 50 yards.

The pictures speak as its a movie though.