Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 13, 2011, 10:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
The other reason is to help keep this forum alive, active and keep it from getting stagnant. There are a number of forums on this site that are so quiet that you wonder if anyone actually owns one of those cameras.
Zig
Personally, I appreciate you doing that! As well as your excellent landscape photos and your mastery of that subtle but effective HDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
I enjoy the sparring between Ted, Steven, and Scouse - I don't join in largely because I'm not good at it. But, I look forward to it everyday.
We can train you.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 11:48 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Same here but sadly, exceptional for me isn't necessarily all that great...
LOL. yeah, right, sure, and you also are going to tell us that you don't know anything about nuclear fission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharrim View Post
I tend to post pictures where I'm more familiar with the people and the equipment. It's an oly dslr forum so I post my oly dslr pics. It's a great place to learn a few things and share what you're doing at the same time. The people on this forum are respectful and helpful, it's fun to share whatever you're into with people because it quite often draws a response or question and then a discussion from those who have been there done it with the same equipment.
Eric
Well said. I would rather post here in the Oly specific forum because all the folks are using the same family of equipment. When we talk about certain things, everyone can relate to their equipment and make informed comments about the effect, etc. Often a posting will lead to discussions about specific settings or camera tips, and everyone there can relate to everything said. To me that is better, as it combines the enjoyment of looking at excellent photos, with the potential to expand our knowledge of the equipment we use. It is a win, win, situation.

Besides, someone has to try to keep Ted and Scouse in line! LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 1:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
LOL. yeah, right, sure, and you also are going to tell us that you don't know anything about nuclear fission.
Steven, I do think my photos are good (at least, the ones I post ). But we've got some folks here that are doing top-of-the-line imaging. Do I think I could do that kind of work? Sure, if I put the time into it that they have. But they're the ones who have earned those skills.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 11:08 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Steven, I do think my photos are good (at least, the ones I post ). But we've got some folks here that are doing top-of-the-line imaging. Do I think I could do that kind of work? Sure, if I put the time into it that they have. But they're the ones who have earned those skills.

Ted
I understand Ted. As I so often say, work is the curse of the leisure class wannabes. Unfortunately my creditors insist that I work instead of practicing my hobbies.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 12:32 PM   #35

I used to post and watch a couple other threads. Landscape, travel, wildlife and that. There were several good posters who would make positive comments and friendy advice and I learnt quite a bit as well as enjoying other togs and photos from around the world.

A couple of people had set themselves up as critics though, sometimes harsh and definitely know it alls. Not at me just at anyone who posted. Don't remember any of their shots though!

Silly comments like: It's followed the 'rule of thirds on the vertical why not on the horizontal?' Duh, because it's an art stupid! But because I'm a nice guy....true! I dind't actually say that.

I've just retreated to my comfort zone, where, when I display a shot either for art, of a bird or a travel shot. Even just to tell a tale. I know I can get responses, pointers technical help or even just a joke or a chat. Where I know I can view some excellent photography, where I don't remember any meaness.
It's called the Oly DSLR board.

Or it's called "Sucking up!"...
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 12:33 PM   #36

Oh yeh, I like the hawk shots post or no. From 85 ft they're good.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote