Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 19, 2011, 1:56 PM   #1

Default I Quit ..

That's it ... I quit buying camera stuff ...

Ok, not really. I just got the 50-200mm SWD .... and what a monster! The 70-300 looks punny compared to it! And I will get some very nice muscles carrying that thing.

So, it is time to try it and it will be no later than this week-end ... in Quebec City as I will be shooting a wedding for my niece in the Old Quebec. They told me that they have no expectations ... we shall see.

Anybody interested to acquire a used, but in a very good shape 70-300??????

Gilles

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2011, 2:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by folob View Post

Ok, not really. I just got the 50-200mm SWD .... and what a monster! The 70-300 looks punny compared to it! And I will get some very nice muscles carrying that thing.

So, it is time to try it and it will be no later than this week-end ... in Quebec City as I will be shooting a wedding for my niece in the Old Quebec. They told me that they have no expectations ... we shall see.

Gilles
At least wait until you get back and realize how heavier the 50-200 is?

Je suis jaloux!
Old May 19, 2011, 2:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by folob View Post

Gilles
Congrats on getting the real deal, because that's exactly what the 50-200mm SWD lens is. Once you get the hang of it, you will wonder why it took you so long to decide to get it. It is a marvelous piece of glass, which by the way,
will serve you well at the wedding. Between that and your 12-60mm, you will be in great shape.

Just as a quick note, I did a wedding for a friend last year, the 50-200mm was the lens that was on the E-30 the most as it offered me the ability to roam around and take photos of the bride and groom without being too close. the other benefit was that I didn't really need a flash -- as it was a daytime wedding.

regards,

zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 3:07 PM   #4

I am planning to use the 12-60 on the E-520 (for short distance shots) and have, as you mentioned, the 50-200 on the E-30. I might also bring the 9-18 if I need to do any very Wide shots ...

and I need to find room in my camera bag for all of thing (including the FL36R). The good thing is that is easy to remove the ring collar (which is heavy) since I will not need it this week-end.

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 6:54 PM   #5

Well done, Sounds like you have plans to get the most out of it, enjoy. Love to see the wedding results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy
Once you get the hang of it, you will wonder why it took you so long to decide to get it.
Until I get more home sales, I can tell you why I've waited so long...
Meanwhile my trusty 70-300 has gone back to the gnomes at Oly US.

Yeh, signed a sale today and have three other buyers we're working with....so, who knows. E30 and a 50-200. Must set goals.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 8:17 PM   #6

Congrats to Gilles on the new lens. Keep us informed. (Would love to have one, but an E-30 is next on my particular wish list.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote