Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 25, 2011, 6:06 AM   #1

Default ACR 6.4.1 is out

Includes the Olympus E-PL1s, Olympus E-PL2, and Olympus XZ-1.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=5111

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2011, 6:25 AM   #2

Hey Ted

Thanks for the heads up... will have a wee play with it later on. Any major improvements or just minor stuff ?

On a slightly different note, I had a wee play with the trail version of Capture One v 6 Pro and was surprised at the IQ that it was producing from an E5 raw file, esp compared to LR. From first impressions its a noticeable improvement .. not huge but you can notice it.C1 also has 2 dedicated camera profiles for the E5 so I need to check and see what the IQ is like with the E3 files.

I still find the interface to C1 seriously clunky compared to LR's work flow which is spot on but it'd be nice to have someone that knows both ACR and C1 to compare the files from both?

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 6:32 AM   #3

Other than adding support for more cameras, the ReadMe says:

These items have been FIXED in Camera Raw 6.4:
• Camera Raw did not allow write-back capability for the EXIF GPS properties.
• The DNG File format did not support XMP Media Management.
• A JPEG file with a specific characteristic was found to have a pink cast.
• The undo command (Command+z) was failing to undo crop adjustments.
• Single images marked for deletion were not moved to the trash.
• A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 or Pentax K-5 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture.
• Applying Sigma 10-20mm Lens Profile to Nikon D7000 raw files could have produced dark or black corners
• Some EXIF fields of Panasonic raw files appeared to be blank in Bridge Metadata panel
• Applying the exposure adjustment brush to a high ISO image could have caused excessive noise reduction correction to the entire image

The last one seems important.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 9:35 AM   #4

I used Capture One LE before making the full switch to Photoshop, which was some time ago. I do not think "LE" even exists anymore.

From what I recall, it did offer a more convenient batch processing operation that allowed one to individually tweak from image to image vs. having to apply everything across the board to each file like you have to running a batch in Photoshop.

I have never again been tempted to try Capture One, but if thy have programmed profiles for the E5, it might be worth trying out again.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 5:18 PM   #5

Hi Greg

In terms of work flow and image managment nothing touches LR/ACR and I've never been able to get my head around C1 and how your supposed to use it to get the best out of it.

There's only one ownload now and thats the pro version but when you install it, the installer prompts whether you want pro or express and both are limited to a 30 day trial.

Regards the profile - there's two profiles for the E5 - Generic and Generic V2 but from first impressions there seems to be an improvement in IQ over LR. I've got a batch of pics that I took recently and put through LR and I'm going to pic one and see how well C1Pro handles that image. Will give my own thoughts on whether its an improvement or not but I'd like someone like yourself thats used both ACR and C1 to see whether I'm seeing things or not.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote