Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:14 PM   #1

Default Dragon and Deer

Went out to get some work done and met the dragon at the doorpost. Asked him to hang on while I went back for camera.
I rushed a bit, not knowing how long he'd stay (I'm assuming male but I'm not the expert..) Would have liked to get a bit (Lot) more DOF but that would have meant slowing down and as soon as I went for the tripod to handle it, I know he'd have gone.

Later I went down in the basement to pick up some tools and saw mama and young 'un outside at the bird scratch. (They've been pretty shy so it was a good chance to catch the little gut. Trotted back upstairs for said camera and shot through glass. (double paned and not so clean.)

I need to get out and plan a shoot soon. All I seem to do is grab the camera and shoot without planning....
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:53 AM   #2

Good shots. Stocky little fella isn't he. The deer population in some areas of the country, mine included, has exceeded the amount of woodland available so they become half domesticated.
I have to chase them away from our birdfeeders every day. They keep the Hostas trimmed up all the time : )
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:41 AM   #3

Nice grab shots. Your back yard is practically a nature preserve. You definitely need to get out and shoot more and share with the forum.
Steven R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:10 PM   #4

Thanks Eric and Steve. These deer have all grown up around here, my wife knows which ones have which kids. She'll drop cut up apples down off the deck to them. The 'stuff' on the ground there is corn scratch, the ducks and deer share it.

I do have to get out more, The 70-300 is working just fine now after the fix.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:01 PM   #5

What a great yard you have and I agree you should get out more, I've recently begun to (get out) and it is fun. I'm glad the lens is fixed.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote