Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 17, 2011, 1:58 PM   #1

Default ....handsome Red Tail

I heard about this Red Tail hawk that lives in the lake area of a city park and went there this early am before the temp became 100F to find it........ surely I did, about 40 high in a big ol'cottonwood, and it is a very handsome hawk.

E-3 Zuiko 70-300 @ 300mm f/5.6 1/500s ISO-400

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jul 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:11 PM   #2

Nice capture BoBB, especially #2 where is he's looking straight at the camera. Well done.

I'm getting to like the 70-300 more and more as I use it. Relatively light weight for it's focal length, and you have to be patient when it's focusing on a subject in the shadows, but your shots show that the 300mm reach can be really nice.

P.S. Are you still not able to copy and paste directly from Smugmug? Have you figured out if it is the Apple or the browser that you are using??

Last edited by Steven R; Jul 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:17 PM   #3

Nice shots Bob, I like the redtails, the eagle of the hawk species : )
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:40 PM   #4

Thanks guys.......

Steven, I never attempted it with IE because I have used Firefox for several years, on the MSFT machines and now with the MACS. In addition to Firefox, I've tried Safari, Mercury, Chrome and some others just to try the C/P procedure for the forum. None work for me to post to the forum, but it does work otherwise, i.e. eMail.

I have always used the SmugMug share feature which I like using so the C/P issue has become one of those quirky things that now I just want to find the answer to. I've not tried Gary's forum but will to see what happens there.

BTW, have you heard from Gary recently? He has been pretty busy but I wonder about him since his health issues....... Gary if you read this give us a 'thumb', notice I did not say finger!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:50 PM   #5

I spoke with Gary the other day on email, I think he's ok but he didn't say one way or the other.
Bob, I have firefox and simply use the manage attachment feature here and download from my documents. I of course save to a reasonable size first but I've never had issues with it.
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Thanks guys.......

Steven, I never attempted it with IE because I have used Firefox for several years, on the MSFT machines and now with the MACS. In addition to Firefox, I've tried Safari, Mercury, Chrome and some others just to try the C/P procedure for the forum. None work for me to post to the forum, but it does work otherwise, i.e. eMail.

I have always used the SmugMug share feature which I like using so the C/P issue has become one of those quirky things that now I just want to find the answer to. I've not tried Gary's forum but will to see what happens there.

BTW, have you heard from Gary recently? He has been pretty busy but I wonder about him since his health issues....... Gary if you read this give us a 'thumb', notice I did not say finger!
Hi Bob: I use both IE and Firefox, and also tried Chrome in the past, and none of them give me any problem with the copy/paste from smugmug, so if your smugmug settings are right, I have to suspect some setting on your Apple. I currently use IE 9 for most of my web browsing. Gary's forum doesn't allow copy/paste of photos, you have to use the share feature over there anyway.

Gary has been very busy trying to get a new prison ministry set up with the state, and apparently he has been having a hard time with the state bureaucracy.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:03 PM   #7

.....Steven, I never was able to do it on the MSFT machines either with any browser I used. As I said earlier, I can do the copy image from SmugMug then past it to an eMail, it passes through to recipient all ok. I believe that eliminates settings issues with both SmugMug & browsers.

Anyway, one day it'll work and something else will become a project...... I did know Gary was/is busy with the ministry and hope that finishes well soon.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:23 PM   #8

Hi bob: another thought struck me, if it works for others using the same software and browsers, maybe an anti-virus program is blocking it somehow. The only other thing would be your Smugmug settings as there are some settings that allow you to see things that are pasted to your destination, but don't show to anyone else but you.

(or maybe your machines are haunted!)
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:12 PM   #9

.....remembering I can C/P to any but Steve's. I've no anti-virus app, gotta be a haunt, maybe Ted K has something to do with it.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....remembering I can C/P to any but Steve's. I've no anti-virus app, gotta be a haunt, maybe Ted K has something to do with it.
You know bob, you may be on to something. Ted is big into computers afterall. You don't owe him money or anything?? LOL