Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:52 AM   #1

Default An Update

Dear all,

I wanted to update you that I have just enrolled myself in a PGD Photography program at one of leading Arts School in my Country. Its a one year extensive program covering almost every aspect of photography. Also I have quit my day job and made a new arrangement with my employer. I will be working as a consultant and will have flexi timings.

You can view the details of the course here http://www.indusvalley.edu.pk/pgdPhotography.html

I have just recently become really serious about this passion and want to pursue it professionally. Getting the right training was essential and hopefully after the completion of the program, I will have found the direction I want to pursue.

The Nikon forum is as good as inactive. I'll keep in touch with you guys here and occassionally post some of the work I'll do with time.

Zee
Zeshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:41 AM   #2

Hi Zee,

Good luck in your quest.

You're making quite a commitment and I hope it turns out well for you.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:57 AM   #3

I wish you good luck also! I've enjoyed your images of a part of the world I have never seen. Please continue and keep us informed about how you're doing in the program.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:38 AM   #4

Thanks Zig and Ted. Yes it is quite a commitment and thanks to my employer, my boss essentially, who understands the importance of following dreams.

The orientation was today and the group of students is fairly small. We are just six people in the program. The last batch also had six people and three of them were published in international magazines, one of them on the cover of one of CNN publications.

So lets hope how it goes. You guys are great. I'll get your opinion time to time on the images I take for different projects.

Zee
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:06 AM   #5

Best wishes also, and good luck in pursuing your dream.
Steven R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:22 PM   #6

Looking forward to following your new start Zee, Best of luck.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:49 PM   #7

What an amazing opportunity! Best of luck to you!
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:12 AM   #8

Thank you all for the encouragement
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:24 AM   #9

My classes have finally started and its just an amazing experience learning about different stuff we would generally not care about while taking photos.

We are going through photography history at the moment and I'll be presenting in the next class the changes (both bad and good) that happened between 1990 - 2010 in the photography industry. Its a challenging topic which I personally think suits my overall opinion on what good and bad has happened in the last 20 odd years.

We are also going to experience magic next week hopefully, the camera obscura. Looking at camera obscura in the BBC documentary, The Genius of Photography, it just took my breath away. Experiencing it in real life would be just amazing.

My first assignment is to shoot at the local zoo with a lot of technical restrictions such as using manual focus and manual shooting mode, constant focal length 35mm on the cropped sensor, horizontal framing only, no cropping of the images and etc. Its gonna be fun I think.

The one best thing about the class is that we are encouraged to actually LOOK before shooting. Develop a relationship with the subject. Especially with people, capturing their true emotions, I think its THE most important thing. Hopefully I'll post some images in days to come.

Last edited by Zeshane; Aug 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:58 AM   #10

Thanks for the update! Good to know you're enjoying it.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote