Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:39 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default The Boys Make Their Debut

Yesterday evening, the town of La Grange, Kentucky was treated to a concert given by some of the inmates from one of the prisons I do my ministry. They did a great job and the town LOVED 'em. So much so, that they've already been invited to do it again. These are just some samples. The guy in the white shirt is the chaplain, the guys in khaki are the inmates. I've provided a link to a slideshow if you're interested. On the down side, I lost everything I shot with the HS-20 due to a freak occurrence - the SD card snapped in half as I inserted it into the card reader!

Slide show ========> http://goo.gl/pkO2i









__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Aug 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
JeannieBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 650
Default

Sorry to hear about your card! I hope you didn't have too much on there...

The photos are great!
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tkurkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 3,625
Default

I agree, the photos are great. In that last one, apparently we have a Kentucky law enforcement officer who believes prison should be hard, not fun...

Why aren't you up there singing?

Also sorry about the SD card breaking, but there is a reason CompactFlash remains the preferred memory card in pro cameras. It really is much more robust.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieBug View Post
Sorry to hear about your card! I hope you didn't have too much on there...

The photos are great!
Thanks! Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of GOOD stuff lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
I agree, the photos are great. In that last one, apparently we have a Kentucky law enforcement officer who believes prison should be hard, not fun...

Why aren't you up there singing?

Also sorry about the SD card breaking, but there is a reason CompactFlash remains the preferred memory card in pro cameras. It really is much more robust.

Ted
Thanks, Ted. I must agree with you about the card. But, the HS-20, alas, takes only an SD card.

I wasn't up there singing because I was taking photos! I consider these three guys good friends and I have sung with them on several occasions.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Hey Gary, nice to see you posting and thanks for sharing. Interesting shots; don't you love the expression on the guards face? LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
tjsnaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Posts: 652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
On the down side, I lost everything I shot with the HS-20 due to a freak occurrence - the SD card snapped in half as I inserted it into the card reader!
Wow that sucks! Did you try to force it or something?

Great shots BTW
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:59 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Hey Gary, nice to see you posting and thanks for sharing. Interesting shots; don't you love the expression on the guards face? LOL
Thanks, Steve! Oddly enough, he's a really nice guy. He just looks "tough".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsnaps View Post
Wow that sucks! Did you try to force it or something?

Great shots BTW
Nope, did nothing out of the ordinary. My other two went in and came out without a hitch. Go figger.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:34 PM.