Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Wasn't me that bought that E-P3.......I picked mine up at Competitive Camera here in Dallas! When I was at AC last weekend buying the only 12mm f2 they had, the only E-P3 they had was white, which was cool-looking but I wanted a chrome body. I also got on their list to get one of whatever initial supply of the 45mm f1.8 they get in.
....and I suspect the chrome-on-chrome (or whatever Olympus call it) is a spectacular appearance too. I want a black body because I likely will never have one of the shiny lenses. Have you gotten the larger grip?

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:06 PM   #12

Hey Bob

Those are superb.. esp the white flower which just simply pops of the screen and the detail its showing is glorious. Good thing you didnt take a vacation in the Uk as its been like the fall the last 3-4 days.. appalling weather!

About the E3's eye cup.. Ive lost 2 so far and have yet to get another replacement..very annoying and badly designed in my opinion. I'm assuming the E5's using the same eye cup.. I may just see if the eos 1D series eye cups fit and have a tighter fit and if theyre cheaper I'll get one of those.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....and I suspect the chrome-on-chrome (or whatever Olympus call it) is a spectacular appearance too. I want a black body because I likely will never have one of the shiny lenses. Have you gotten the larger grip?
The E-P3 I bought has the normal grip that came with it. So far I am pretty happy with the feel of it with the lenses I have, even the 75-300. The chrome-finished E-P3 with the 12mm f2 is quite svelte-looking and all the controls, lens and body, have quite a high feel of quality about them. Even the black 75-300 gives a classy look on the E-P3. The black VF-2 I'm using on the E-P3 reminds me of using a chrome Nikon F2 with a black meter head.

The operational speed of the E-P3 is also quite impressive. Black-out times between frames is virtually gone and AF is instantaneous when using the MSC-designated Zuikos. I anticipate this will be a great camera to use at the ballpark or hockey rink.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
About the E3's eye cup.. Ive lost 2 so far and have yet to get another replacement..very annoying and badly designed in my opinion. I'm assuming the E5's using the same eye cup.. I may just see if the eos 1D series eye cups fit and have a tighter fit and if theyre cheaper I'll get one of those.
Harj
The E-3 and E-5 are the same. As Bob said, they're pretty cheap on e-bay. I just bought a couple made by JJC Technology (in China) and they seem no different (nor better than) the Oly OEM eyecup. The only reason I need an eyecup is because I don't want my expensive eyeglasses to get scratched.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:17 PM   #15

I own two Nikon lens and use them all day everyday... in my glasses; don't need no scratches. The eye cup I ordered was $6.99 PayPal, no shipping chg, when I get it and it fits I'll order another.

Thanks Harj, I have always liked the color results from the E-300 and with the 14-54 it is a joy to use. The white flower was my favorite of that day walk.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
I own two Nikon lens and use them all day everyday... in my glasses; don't need no scratches.
Yep - mine are Zeiss, don't need no scratches either.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:45 PM   #17

G'day BB

Most impressed with the above images - and these are the results of morning walks??
Your neighbourhood & its associated parks sounds a great place to be

Well done

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:35 PM   #18

Thanks Phil,
................ we have a wonderful city parks and recreation system, any of the 88 parks are within 20-minutes drive time for me. The undeveloped nature preserve is 1/2-mile from my home, I walk to it, through it and back home usually spending 3-4 hours time at it all.

So, your statement is quite correct in that my near neighborhood is 'a great place to be'.

Thanks again

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:23 AM   #19

Hi Bob,

Great variety of images.
And, I love your reasoning for the EP3.

This certainly is going to be one of the hottest years around the country as many areas have experienced record temps sustained for extremely long periods of time. Here ion the Cape, the temps have been higher- but nowhere near what you folks in the south have had to deal with.

zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:32 PM   #20

Lovely colors and composition.

#3 and 5 are the best..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote