Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:18 PM   #11

Default Zig

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Marcelo,

As always, your images are inspirational.Well done.

Zig

How are you Zig?,

I really appreciate your commentary... makes me feel honored coming from you.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
How are you Zig?,

I really appreciate your commentary... makes me feel honored coming from you.

Marcelo
Hi,

Trust me when I say that you're photographic work stands on it's own merits. It needs nothing from me to validate it's quality.

As for how I've been, it seems this summer has been a busy period for me with little time to grab the camera and take some pictures of the beautiful places that are found in and around the Cape. My work keeps interfering with my fun. Drat!!!

In the coming weeks, things should slow down and I should be able to get back to doing what I enjoy the most.

Also, while I still have the E-30 and do not intend to sell it anytime soon, I did buy a Nikon D90 and a couple of lenses for it. I continue to add components to the Nikon system and today, ordered a TC14E teleconverter. I find that between the E-P2 and the D90, the E30 is gathering dust.

At some point, I'll have to make a difficult decision. But, I'm just not ready to do that as yet.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:18 PM   #13

Thank you Zig for your kind words.

I would like to hear from you how do you like the new system but more than the camera and lens how do you like the files coming from this camera.

I have the E1-3 & 5 and this files behave totally different, in photoshop I have to use a different workflow to process their pictures.

That could be a very interesting threat... :-)
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
Thank you Zig for your kind words.

I would like to hear from you how do you like the new system but more than the camera and lens how do you like the files coming from this camera.

I have the E1-3 & 5 and this files behave totally different, in photoshop I have to use a different workflow to process their pictures.

That could be a very interesting threat... :-)
Hi Marcelo,
When I get a chance I'll try and answer your question in a pm over the weekend.

The regular Oly forum members have been more than patient with me and my various posts on Nikon equipment. I don't want to wear out my welcome here.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:32 AM   #15

Quote:
The regular Oly forum members have been more than patient with me and my various posts on Nikon equipment. I don't want to wear out my welcome here.
Zig
Nikon is OK - my pro tog friends all use Nikon. You'd wear out your welcome talking about Canon, though.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:24 PM   #16

Quote:

Zig

Personnally, I would still like to hear from you in regards the differences between both cameras.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:20 PM   #17

That's a couple of times I've done that. Typed out a comment on the excellent work here....Then forgot to hit the "post button". Old fart warning!!

I loved your shots Marcello. Lots of fond memories around the GGB. I found the way around the back on the north side of the bay for interesting shots of the bridge and the lighthouse.
They're all on slides...Somewhere?

I was thinking, after seeing your comment on Zigs HDR shots that I'd lke to see you, with your style, try some. Zigs success seems to be "light and easy"
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:18 PM   #18

Default Scouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
That's a couple of times I've done that. Typed out a comment on the excellent work here....Then forgot to hit the "post button". Old fart warning!!

I loved your shots Marcello. Lots of fond memories around the GGB. I found the way around the back on the north side of the bay for interesting shots of the bridge and the lighthouse.
They're all on slides...Somewhere?

I was thinking, after seeing your comment on Zigs HDR shots that I'd lke to see you, with your style, try some. Zigs success seems to be "light and easy"
Thank you so much for your kind words, I use to do HDR in the past but I never like the results with Photomatix.

The pictures Zig are posting are very well done and the HDR effect is not too strong so his pictures looks very natural.

I will try some cityscpaes this weekend and for sure I'll post the pictures in this forum.

Have a great day.

Marcelo