Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:13 AM   #1

Default I am very new...

I have never owned a camera like this before and I am the furthest thing from a photographer. I am moving to Bangladesh so I picked up the camera.
I just purchased a Olympus E620 yesterday and there are two things that I cannot find the answers to.

Sometimes when I am trying to take a picture the flash will go off really quick (without taking a picture) in several intervals, could someone help me fix this or is it normal?

Secondly I cannot figure out how to use the continuous shooting mode on the camera. Any help would be appreciated.

I am sure I will have many more questions to come, so if there is a beginners guide I could read that would be great. I flipped through the manual a bit, but nearly fell asleep.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
I have never owned a camera like this before and I am the furthest thing from a photographer. I am moving to Bangladesh so I picked up the camera.
I just purchased a Olympus E620 yesterday and there are two things that I cannot find the answers to.

Sometimes when I am trying to take a picture the flash will go off really quick (without taking a picture) in several intervals, could someone help me fix this or is it normal?

Secondly I cannot figure out how to use the continuous shooting mode on the camera. Any help would be appreciated.

I am sure I will have many more questions to come, so if there is a beginners guide I could read that would be great. I flipped through the manual a bit, but nearly fell asleep.
The flash going off really quick is the AF Illuminat. Page 95 (english manual). It's there to help gain focus in low light situations. You can turn this off, I know I have.

For the continuous shooting mode, simply go to page 61 (english manual), and it will explain which icon to put it on.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:54 AM   #3

I have the E500, which doesn't help you of course Just that the 500 won't go into burst or continuous if it's on certain settings like the 'A' or 'S' modes.
I'd listen to Ted and look it up in the manual. Then you know it's right.

Bangledesh sounds like quite the adventure, better plan on sending some shots back. I'm always looking out for travel shots.

Last edited by Scouse; Sep 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I'd listen to Ted and look it up in the manual.
Ken, I appreciate that you thought it was me but that was Dan who provided the good advice.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:11 PM   #5

Ooops !!! I knew that. you think I didn't know that..????

Sorry Dan..
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
I have never owned a camera like this before and I am the furthest thing from a photographer.

Here is a link to a reference manual on your E-620. It was written by a Polish Fellow by the name of Wrotniak. It is well worth your downloading it and reading it whenever you have a question. Additionally, it has recommended settings for the E-620. Best of all, it is written in a fashion that wont put you to sleep.

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e620-rev.html

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Sorry Dan..
No worries. I was worried of being chastised for simply providing page numbers... I was in a run at the time but felt like helping out a fellow E-620 user