Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 16, 2011, 2:50 AM   #1

Default Anyone familar with the "Digital Concepts" flash unit?

My FL36 Flash has died--I had to get the tightening ring replaced (it cracked) a year or so ago, to the tune of almost 90 dollars. Recently it would not power up at all, even with freshly charged batteries. I took it to a camera store, and sure enough they could not get any life out of it. It just wasn't worth even thinking of sending to Olympus--if it cost 90 dollars to fix the plastic ring, I shudder to think of the cost of looking inside the unit! My husband (God love him, I know I sure do) purchased me a flash from E-Bay, Its made by Digital Concepts, and was less than 100 dollars with free shipping. It arrived today and seems to work okay. It is supposed to coordinate with the camera settings, but haven't had time to really evaluate that. Anyone know anything about this unit? The price was right, so I'm going to give it a try.
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:27 AM   #2

If it's the one I think it is, I have one branded under Vivitar. They are branded under several names. Sakar is another one. I like mine. I find it much more flexible than my old FL36R, the charge recovery time is WAY less, and it's a WHOLE lot more powerful than the 36. It did take a little getting-used-to.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:35 AM   #3

Thanks Gary--I do agree from what little I've used it that it is a LOT more powerful than the 36. I think I may have to really thank my husband for finding it.
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote