Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:28 AM   #1

Default Florida doesn't have a monopoly on dangerous felines

Here in the mid-Atlantic states we also have hunting felines to be feared. Here's a local one in her "I'm ignoring you until you get close enough to pounce on" pose.

And she has been known to get more active:

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:01 AM   #2

beautiful! ....love the second pose, your cat? If ya look beyond the smile -- maybe see Bobcat or Lynx or maybe just 'kitchen floor' lineage from generations ago?

Our Autumn shows her feral ancestry (she is a 1st-gen, born under a bush across the street) ever once in a while and it looks a lot like that pose but with her back a little higher and ears back. When people ask 'what kind of cat is Autumn' I tell them she is a feral-hunter; that her momma was Texas alley cat and her daddy was a 'possum, from Florida, DON'T PET HER, she can be mean or LOVING -- ya never know.

Now to see Steven's yard guard.

Your feline looks ..... (edited) I have no idea what I was about to write here!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Dec 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
beautiful! ....love the second pose, your cat? If ya look beyond the smile -- maybe see Bobcat or Lynx or maybe just 'kitchen floor' lineage from generations ago?
Sorta my cat. Apparently she's been around the neighborhood for a few years, and is in the 2nd step of the process of allowing us to adopt her. The 1st step was condescending to wolf down food I put out. The 2nd step is deciding how much time she will condescend to spend inside our house. She will stay overnight but wants her freedom outside during the day. (I thought I got long past this type of thing after college. )

That second photo really struck me as her looking like a lynx. But she's actually extremely gentle although afraid of men, which is not uncommon among stray dogs and cats, for the obvious but unfortunate reasons. She really wants to be friends with my dogs but they're surprisingly aloof.

All things change over time. I never saw myself as a cat person...

Ted

PS: She's quite beautiful, walks with her tail straight up in the air with the tip curled over (which I have never seen a cat do before except in photos) and when she sits it's in a textbook-perfect cat pose. I'm not attached to her though, definitely NOT.

Last edited by tkurkowski; Dec 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:02 PM   #4

Really pretty cat there Ted. Pose #2 is a classic.

(Our pet is a little Shih-Tzu who still acts like a puppy and would probably be frighted of your cat.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:02 PM   #5

Beautiful cat! Keep us posted on the adoption process. You are a good guy for your persistance.
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:02 AM   #6

Thanks, Angie. I do suspect she will never want to be an indoor cat, which is OK - I'm happy to feed her. But she does want to be loved, just like the rest of us, and I think she's trying to figure out how that would work.

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Dec 27, 2011 at 6:08 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Really pretty cat there Ted. Pose #2 is a classic.

(Our pet is a little Shih-Tzu who still acts like a puppy and would probably be frighted of your cat.)
Our Shih-Tzu (a female) doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. Our two Pekingese (both males) try to play an alpha game on her but she's bigger than they are and just ignores them. Pretty funny to watch - dogs really can look puzzled when something that should work, doesn't.

Ted
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:37 PM   #8

Nice pictures, I like the second for the color contrast.

It is a beautiful cat... I love cats unfortunately my wife is allergic to animal hair :-(
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:28 AM   #9

Hey TEd

Thats a cool looking cat with lots of presence.. esp with the 2nd pic !

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:48 PM   #10

Beautiful feline Ted. Put a bed on the floor and get out the adoption papers. To not do so would be CATostrophic.
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote