Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:29 AM   #21

...the mockups are just right, I would think these are what you are looking for. How about reposting one of the earlier files to see if it may have been a fluke upload the first time.

I'll bet a reload will be good. Gotta run, TTYL today, maybe some of the others will have something to suggest.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:09 AM   #22

Hi Bob

One of the guys at work (has said that hes going to look into this for me (just need to provide the original PSD files) and there was a fair amount of Red in the images on his 27" Imac and he found this wee thread for me:

http://www.lightroomforums.net/showt...op-don-t-match

His thoughts are that its possibly a colourspace issue - applying a colour space - Adobe/Apple/sRGB in CS seemed to reduce or remove the red in the images quite a bit. Could it be a smugmug issue during the upload and somethings happened to the files.

As a test he's going to print the images out for me as well - colourspace sRGB to see how they come out on a calibrated Hi Res CMYK printer.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Harj: I've decided that maybe I should give you a new nickname of " Richard" as in "Richard Avedon" who was one of the best ever fashion photographers.
Harj's models wear a few too many clothes for Avedon's "taste" from what I recall...

Beautiful shots.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
His thoughts are that its possibly a colourspace issue - applying a colour space - Adobe/Apple/sRGB in CS seemed to reduce or remove the red in the images quite a bit.
Harj, that seems like a good avenue to pursue.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:59 PM   #25

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your efforts in helping to work out whats causing the red in all of those shots. My mate at work printed out the 3 spoof low res pics that I knocked up onto one of these beasties so that we could see whether the there was any difference when the pics were printed. He made two changes before printing the files:

1. Changed the files from RGB to CMYK
2. Made sure that the sRGB colour space was selected for each file as they were low res 600k versions produced by "Save for Webdevice".

The printer used was an 8 colour Epson Stylus Pro 11880 proofer and the colour on the prints show no sign of the red. The plan is to take the original Hi res PSD files and have him check those in CS5 or whatever the latest version CS is on a calibrated Mac system. I'm also going to get him to print the files onto the Epson Proofer to see if theres any colour issues in print.

Regards the Epson 11880 - I was amazed what that printer can do withT a 600K low res file . The pics were printed at just larger than A4 and I personally can't believe the prints were not produced using the Hi res final versions. Will be interesting to see if there's a major difference between the two sets once its all done.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote