Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:28 PM   #1

Default camera bag advice

Happy New Year!

I have been a bit busy and that made also that I wasn't posting anything.
My excuses for that.

I had posted that I was able to buy a 50-200 lens on Ebay for a fair price, but had some problems because it was lost in transport. Today I finaly did receive it after it was send on 12 dec to me. Lucky for me it all came good.

Next to that I'm owner of an ex-25 also in meanwhile.

No time for testing so far so pictures will come as soon I have some time.

What I found out so far is that camera bag I do own (where my my E-500 is in), the LowePro Slingshot AW200 is too small for the E-3 and the 50-200 lens.

My question is some advice in what kind of bag is best for the E-3 and some lenses, flash and some other things. Is the original Olympus Backpack good or what is best in your opnions?

And sorry again for the long list and no picture.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:40 PM   #2

Hey Lordje, nice to hear from you again. You are going to love the E-3, 50-200mm combination. I'll let some of the other guys advise you on camera bags. they would have more knowledge of the best bags.

I don't carry a camera bag when I'm out with my camera, I just sling the camera over my shoulder and use a hunter's large waist pack that carries an extra lens, spare batteries, cards and filters.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:59 PM   #3

Default Camera Bag

Hi Lordje,

I have the Lowepro Micro Trekker 200 and very satisfied with this bag.

I put inside my E5 with the grip attached, 50-200mm, 12-60mm, 8mm, flash, 50mm, extra betteries, memory cards,etc.

You have different compartments to keep all your stuff organized and safe.

The bag also have two straps to attach the tripod to the bag, it is not too big but have enough room for the camera 4 lens and the FL50.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/...00,1963,14.htm

If you have questions please let me know.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:48 AM   #4

Hi, Lordje. Welcome back!

Normally, I pack everything I have in a big Tamrac then use a smaller bag (such as the 200AW) to take with me what I think I will need for the day. Marcelo's bag looks like a good one if you need to take more, though. There is a similar bag made by Bower that might suit you and it's a little less expensive. ==> http://goo.gl/BSy0u
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jan 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:07 PM   #5

Thank you Marcello and Gary for the tips.
I know LowePro and know its good quality.
Marcelo when you bought your Micro trekker did you also look at this one then: http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,1965,14.htm or is this one too big?

Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:26 PM   #6

Default Lordje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
Thank you Marcello and Gary for the tips.
I know LowePro and know its good quality.
Marcelo when you bought your Micro trekker did you also look at this one then: http://products.lowepro.com/product/...AW,1965,14.htm or is this one too big?
That bag looks really big.

I was looking in B&H web site and I found some options:

If you want a small bag for your camera and two lens or 1 lens and the flash this is one I had two years ago:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_Pack_71.html

If you need something bigger try this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Backpack.html

This is maybe too big for you:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Backpack.html

Sometimes is nice to have a bag where you can fit some of your gear but you have to think the weight that it will be specially in long trips or long walks.

I hope this help.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:27 PM   #7

I have the Tamrac Velocity 7 and 9. Very easy to carry and have excellent access. I use the 9 when I want to take a few lenses, the 7 when I want to travel light. The 50-200 fits in the 9 with other stuff, not much room in the 7 for extras when taking that lens
bobbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:40 PM   #8

Thank you very much for the effort you have done to help me Marcello.
Also thankyou Bobbert for your information.

It was not simple at all to make a choice and now I did finaly order a bag, I should receive it end this week.
It is a model by LowePro because I do have experience with this brand.
I was told that the mini trekker 200 was not available anymore and it is a model that should replaces it, it calls the Pro Runner 200 AW and is +/- the same size as the mini trekker 200. Link

Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:48 AM   #9

I got a Lowepro backpack about a month ago for my new Canon 50D camera that came with the EF 28-135 IS and the EF 70-300 IS zoom lenses. It's small and discreet enough to be taken in every trip, yet it's sturdy, well cushioned and has enough room for my big camera body with it's two big lenses and all other accessories - charger, extra batteries, cards, card reader, cables, the EOS software CD-ROM... there is even room for a third 50mm fixed lens (which I plan to buy soon). Weather and shock protection have been put to test in the New Year's travel, all my stuff is just fine.

Last edited by Nemo Dgs; May 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Nemo Dgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:11 AM   #10

Lowepro is a good brand. I started with Tamracs many years ago, and they hold up very well - a friend of mine still has one of the first ones I bought. One point about Tamracs - if you keep them in a closet where they have privacy, they will reproduce. I know this for a fact because when I look at the collection I have, I'm quite certain there's no way I could have purchased all of them.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote