Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:01 PM   #41

"9fps without the super fast AF. 4.2 with super fast AF enabled."
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:55 PM   #42

I thought he'd stated that it would be "epoch-making" but after reading through the translation that wasn;t the case:

"The interviewer keeps pushing for more specifics. "This will be an epoch-making camera, right?" "This is big news, right?"
Ogawa says, "All I can say is, when you look through the viewfinder, you'll understand...." He asks the interviewer not to ask him to reveal any more than that ... but he keeps pressing."

So a tweaked VF2 EVF could fit his description, although I'd be assuming that he's stating its a step up from the current EVF's and on par with what Fuji have been doing with their Hybrid VF.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:27 AM   #43

"..Its EVF enable photographers to check the Art Filter effect, color temperature, and exposure levels in real-time...."
latest image:
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:42 PM   #44

Re: the 5 axis stabilization:
Quote-
"Until now the Olympus image stabilization compensated for “two kinds of rotary movement….yaw and pitch“. But in reality the camera shake is caused by five different motions. The new five axis IS will also correct “horizontal shift“, “vertical shift” and “rolling motion“. The system is perfect for macro and shooting while moving.
No other camera manufacturer did something like that until today. That is certainly one of the areas were Olympus is the leader."
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
"..Its EVF enable photographers to check the Art Filter effect, color temperature, and exposure levels in real-time...."
latest image:
But doesn't the VF2 do this on the Pens now?
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:23 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
But doesn't the VF2 do this on the Pens now?
Yes. I'm trying to understand exactly what this means myself. When I change the exposure or white balance, you see the results, pretty much, at once in the EVF. I'm figuring this new camera will probably just process the changes faster so there may be some millisecond gain. What's there now is pretty good.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:23 PM   #47

the newest image on the rumors front page pretty much confirms an eye sensor for auto switching between the EVF and back LCD.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:03 AM   #48

Default Pix of the production version, probably

More details here:

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-new-image-and-more-specs/

and here:

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-new-prec...pus-e-m5-info/
Attached Images

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:06 AM   #49

....I still believe the grip(s) look(s) like two-piece and that the vertical can be used without the battery and card and fn-buttons handling horizontal grip which looks like a separate add-on.

Anyway, the full-grip(s) set up with 4-shutter releases is 2-too many IMO and it will be expensive!

I sure hope the original Tic-Tac box will work with the new battery, back to the sports pages now.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:56 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....I still believe the grip(s) look(s) like two-piece that the vertical can be used without the battery and card and fn-buttons handling horizontal. Anyway, the full-grip(s) set up with 4-shutter releases is 2-too many IMO and it will be expensive!

I sure hope the original Tic-Tac box will work with the new battery, back to the sports pages now.
Bob: apparently the grip buttons are programmable.

1. The two extra Fn buttons on the horizontal battery grip can be set for different functions other than the one on you have on the camera. The battery grip uses the same kind of battery of the E-M5. It’a new battery with 1220 mA! The grip can connect to an AC adapter.