Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Nicely done Marcelo. Didn't you just recently have a streetscape assignment? Some of your workdays seem exciting and fun.
Hi Bob,

Yes I did and I'm still working on it. I like my job and I have fun always that I have this photographic assignments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hey Marcelo

Very nicely done..! Always way too hard and stressful working with models.. or may be not .

The lighting looks just right.. esp considering your not using studio strobes but the nice thing even with that temp setup is that your able to see how the light is falling on the models which is always handy. The models look fab and the detail composition is spot on too.

Cheers

Harj

Thank you Harj, there are pros and cons of using constant light but I prefer my strobes, makes the stress and pain more bearable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Wow. Just... wow.
Thank you Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Excellent. You and Harj are making me wonder when and how my professional life took a wrong turn...

Ted
LOL...!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharrim View Post
I'm taking shots of deer, birds, skunks, weasles, rats, whatever. Something isn't fair about this photography stuff. Great shots, you and Harj have my sympathy, NOT
Eric
Eric,

Who said life is fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Some nice subjects and you've done well with continuous (I hate using it with a passion). The only thing I would look at changing is switching to narrow lighting rather than the broad lighting that is used here, will just be a little more flattering all around
Thank you Mark for your feedback,

The lightning in the room was very challenging, on the ceiling I had tungsten lights that I can't turn it off and a big window hitting winter blue light from the left side and in combination with a dim light from the video lamps was a dangerous combination that could make a nightmare to adjust WB in RAW and mess the skin tones. That's why I decided to use 2 left, 2 right lamps and one hitting the background to faded or block the other light sources.

Thank you for your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Agree guys, we are doing something wrong on our end. He and Harj are taking photos of beautiful women, complaining of how hard it is, and I'm stuck taking pictures of mugs like this one:
LOL.....!!! Steven,

That is a great portrait picture, for the next time you should remove the dry grass and brush his fur before shooting your camera.

Let us know the results please.

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post

That is a great portrait picture, for the next time you should remove the dry grass and brush his fur before shooting your camera.
Let us know the results please.

Good suggestion Marcelo, but since you have all the experience shooting models, I would prefer that you go first and show me how to brush the fur. I will take photos of you doing it for a future educational tool. I bet everyone on the forum would enjoy those shots. I will even buy your ticket into Busch gardens for that!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:42 AM   #13

Default Steven

Quote:
Good suggestion Marcelo, but since you have all the experience shooting models, I would prefer that you go first and show me how to brush the fur. I will take photos of you doing it for a future educational tool. I bet everyone on the forum would enjoy those shots. I will even buy your ticket into Busch gardens for that!

Thank you for your courtesy, make sure you use the right settings and flash to shoot the action.

Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Busch Gardens....???? I thought you just used the bathroom mirror..

Marcelo, I was thinking of these shots of yours hand Harj's while in the library this morning (the library with the porcelain seating) looking through my wives latest Vanity Fare/fair?

Some of the shots have wonderful settings, some have wonderful models, some of the models look downright "scary" but ALL have wonderful photographs.

As an aside though "I couldn't tell you what they were selling."

No, I did like the Loius Vuiton for their African scenery and models carrying their product.

My point is that I didn't see were yours or Harj's photos would appear remiss on those pages.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:13 PM   #15

Amazing shots Marcello.
I can not see what could be better on them.
For me this is really studio quality!!!

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:31 AM   #16

Default Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Busch Gardens....???? I thought you just used the bathroom mirror..

Marcelo, I was thinking of these shots of yours hand Harj's while in the library this morning (the library with the porcelain seating) looking through my wives latest Vanity Fare/fair?

Some of the shots have wonderful settings, some have wonderful models, some of the models look downright "scary" but ALL have wonderful photographs.

As an aside though "I couldn't tell you what they were selling."

No, I did like the Loius Vuiton for their African scenery and models carrying their product.

My point is that I didn't see were yours or Harj's photos would appear remiss on those pages.
The marketing this magazine use sometimes is a little confuse, you just see a picture of models with tons of make up and accessories with the brand name, but you don't know if they are selling the fragrance line, clothes or make up... a sophisticated version of glamour marketing.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:05 PM   #17

Hi guys,

Sephora published today in their Intranet page the pictures of this photoshoot.

Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:27 PM   #18

Cool, I can say I "knew" Marcelo before he became the fashion tog for Sephora..

Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo
The marketing this magazine use sometimes is a little confuse, you just see a picture of models with tons of make up and accessories with the brand name, but you don't know if they are selling the fragrance line, clothes or make up... a sophisticated version of glamour marketing.
I supose this method works but only if you care enough to look it up. Me, I just look at the pretty pictures.

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:31 AM   #19

You may be proud Marcello, well done !!

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:38 AM   #20

A Well Done from me also!
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote