Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:15 PM   #1

Default Had to drive in to the office today.....Weeee!!!

Yeh had some time sensitive paperwork to get into the office so I 'dusted' off the car and set off for the 14 miles over the island to the mainland. My wife asked if I needed company. NO! (Why are you driving like that, the car is sliding, the wheels are spinning) thanks!

Lottsa fun for the first 8 miles, Checked the braking and had to use low to get down our hill and dodge the kids sledding. Tucked the nose into the first corner and goosed the back out, lottsa opposite lock until the straight. "Swedish kick" we used to call it in rallying days. Good drive. And then I met the plods, 10mph in the center of the long straight section, gripping the wheel so hard, I bet it still has finger grooves in it. One actually blew his horn as I went by. I was supposed to hang in behind him I guess?

Never mind, I'll grow up........ one day..
Attached Images

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:40 PM   #2

......attaboy, WFO & a block-pass gets it done! Sounds like you had a good time of it.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:45 PM   #3

Ouch...!!

This is sad part of winter :-(
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:37 PM   #4

Way to go Scouse. I understand completely. I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up!!!!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:38 PM   #5

No Marcelo, driving in it is the best part.... Well yeh, youre right, that's the only good part.

I wanna go back to Mexico, or move in with Steven.

Woops we posted the wrong way around.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
And then I met the plods, 10mph in the center of the long straight section, gripping the wheel so hard, I bet it still has finger grooves in it. One actually blew his horn as I went by. I was supposed to hang in behind him I guess?

Never mind, I'll grow up........ one day..
I guess I'm also in the grow up one day category. We get bozos like that all the time when it snows here. Worse, by going so slow in hilly terrain they get stuck going up a hill and then cause chaos when, of course, everyone behind them gets stuck. Then, many horns sound off.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 9:56 AM   #7

Trouble with today's cars, they don't let you have any fun when it snows. With mine when ever I try a 4 wheel drift around a corner, all the warning lights pop on and the traction control nannies take over. Spoil sports...

Wonderful moments when you get a nice fluffy snowfall, everywhere you have pointed your camera is a nice capture. Miss having snowfalls like this here in the "banana belt".
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Trouble with today's cars, they don't let you have any fun when it snows. With mine when ever I try a 4 wheel drift around a corner, all the warning lights pop on and the traction control nannies take over. Spoil sports...

Wonderful moments when you get a nice fluffy snowfall, everywhere you have pointed your camera is a nice capture. Miss having snowfalls like this here in the "banana belt".
Yeh Ted, they've got some real ninnies on the road. Makes you wonder, if they're so timid WTF are they doing out there..

Gotcha there Kula, my traction control is on a switch. It's fun drifting but I don't get the chance to do it that much and gotta be careful not to overcook the first couple of tries. But then....

Got to go out today, about a 2 hour drive each way and my wife is coming. Guess I have to drive like the old man I really am... With traction control.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:52 PM   #9

Ken, from those pics I'd say you need to get an Audi Quattro S1... just to add t the fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR0WvEBFH_I

My favorite WRC car ever ... checkout 1.15 onwards .. made me think of you drifting thro the snow! That car sounds so amazing even now... approx 600BHP from a 2.2lt !

Last edited by HarjTT; Jan 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM.
HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Yeh Ted, they've got some real ninnies on the road. Makes you wonder, if they're so timid WTF are they doing out there..
We have lots of those types of drivers on Calgary.
You just can not get away from them.
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote