Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1

Default Sephora Stores

I have today a meeting with the Director of my area to show her the pictures of our 15 stores in Manhattan.

It was a very challenging assignment because I had to deal with some problems like garbage that is always on the streets after stores hours, overnight crew people working in the stores, people on the streets (they want pictures of the stores with out people) some of this pictures are shoot are 1:00 AM - 4:00 AM, etc.

They will use this pictures to be printed, framed to be exhibited on the main wall of the Education facilities in New York.

Suggestion are very welcome.

Sephora 5th Avenue

Sephora 5 Times Square

Impossible to avoid people here.

Sephora Madison Ave.

Sephora Ansonia

Sephora Time Warner

Sephora Flat Iron

Sephora SoHo

Sephora Times Square

Sephora 711

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:40 AM   #2

I really don't know what your job decription would be, but if you're looking for a suggestion I'd say 'proffessional photographer.'

I wouldn't know where to start on a project like that.

I saw Cowboys and Aliens last week (the Daniel Craig poster) Kinda fun.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:03 PM   #3

Nice shots Marcelo. I agree with Ken.

Per your comment about people in the photos, somewhere I remember reading an article about using very small opening f stops with long shuttle speeds to eliminate the people in busy places. (It might have been in Pop Photography Magazine.) I think it demonstrated how the small opening combined with the long shutter opening caused the image of the people not to register enough on the sensor as the people moved into the picture area. Therefor the final image would not include individuals that walked by while you were taking the shot. You might do an internet search to see if you can find the article.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I really don't know what your job decription would be, but if you're looking for a suggestion I'd say 'proffessional photographer.'

.........me too.

As for the people in these I actually don't see a problem, but then I'm just a guy that likes seeing images done so well.

Congratulations on the project, 1 - 4 am isn't so bad when you believe in what you are doing, I know (not photography however), trust me the self satisfaction is worth it .... wasn't it?

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:39 PM   #5

Fantastic pictures Marcello, and I do follow what is said by the others.
Your a professional in my eyes too.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:42 AM   #6

Default Thank you everybody..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post

I saw Cowboys and Aliens last week (the Daniel Craig poster) Kinda fun.
Hi Ken,

Thank you for the title, I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Nice shots Marcelo. I agree with Ken.

Per your comment about people in the photos, somewhere I remember reading an article about using very small opening f stops with long shuttle speeds to eliminate the people in busy places. (It might have been in Pop Photography Magazine.) I think it demonstrated how the small opening combined with the long shutter opening caused the image of the people not to register enough on the sensor as the people moved into the picture area. Therefor the final image would not include individuals that walked by while you were taking the shot. You might do an internet search to see if you can find the article.
Hi Steve,

I did use long exposures to "delete" the people from the scene but in very busy places like Times Square it just create some colorful shadows of their paths.
I was ussing also a ND filter to obtain 45-50 second long exposures and this works but the filter and the long exposure add big amounts of noise and changes on the WB... for a B&W picture is OK but for a color picture is not a good solution.

This is a picture with an f/14 aperture to create a long exposure:

Maybe I should practice more with longer exposures and learning how to keep the natural colors ussing a ND filter.

Thank you for the info Steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post

.........me too.

As for the people in these I actually don't see a problem, but then I'm just a guy that likes seeing images done so well.

Congratulations on the project, 1 - 4 am isn't so bad when you believe in what you are doing, I know (not photography however), trust me the self satisfaction is worth it .... wasn't it?
Thank you Bob, you are right the self satisfaction is the engine that move us to do a better job.

Have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
Fantastic pictures Marcello, and I do follow what is said by the others.
Your a professional in my eyes too.
Thank you Lordje,

This is nice and generous commentary and I really appreciate.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote