Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:33 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 760
Default Some flowers in winter condition

Nothing really stunning, just some flowers in their condition due winter time.

E3, 14-54 II @ 33mm F4,0 ISO800


E3, 14-54 II @ 40mm F3,2 ISO800


E3, 14-54 II + EX-25 @ 54mm F3,5 MF ISO800
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,328
Default

Definitely winter isn't it???
I do like that second one, hope you don't mind but I touched and cropped it a little. Mainly to make the flowers more of the focal point.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,554
Default

....definitely the leave-dripping-water directs attention, I like that very much.
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Hi Lordje. You are putting that 14-54 to good use. Good job. Also, I like the way Scouse touched up that shot. The shots definitely provide a sense of an overcast day, and the water on the leaf emphasizes that it was a cloudy day. The shots do provide a sense of a winter mood.

Last edited by Steven R; Jan 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:48 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,083
Default

Nice series, the 14-54mm is a sharp lens,maybe the sharpest of my collection.

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Definitely winter isn't it???
I do like that second one, hope you don't mind but I touched and cropped it a little. Mainly to make the flowers more of the focal point.
Hi Ken,
Thank you for cropping and touching up the picture up a bit. Your version looks indeed a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....definitely the leave-dripping-water directs attention, I like that very much.
Hi Bob,
Thank you for your point of view, really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Hi Lordje. You are putting that 14-54 to good use. Good job. Also, I like the way Scouse touched up that shot. The shots definitely provide a sense of an overcast day, and the water on the leaf emphasizes that it was a cloudy day. The shots do provide a sense of a winter mood.
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your comments. I was not that sure about myself with these pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
Nice series, the 14-54mm is a sharp lens,maybe the sharpest of my collection.

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo
I believe also that the 14-54 II is very sharp. I have read a test between the kit lens, 14-54 V1, 14-54 II and the 12-60. The 14-54 was the sharpest. If you should have interests in this test you can find here LINK

Thank you very much for your input!
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:41 PM.