Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:08 AM   #1
LJT

Default Hello, Got the E450 for xmas last year

I'm still trying to get to grips of it, but I haven't used it in ages.

It seems to be a little slow on taking pictures and sometimes doesn't focus properly, what can I do to make it focus? Also sometimes when the flash goes off it goes off so many times and this is incedibly off-putting when trying to take a picture, basically I'd just like some general help or advice on how to use this camera as I would love to take some shots without having to worry about it not focusing and so on.

Any tutorial links would be of great help.

Thanks
LJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:15 AM   #2

Hi LJT. Welcome to the forum. The E-450 was the latest upgrade of the E-410 and E-420. So when researching, articles on the 410 or 420 will also apply to your camera. Be sure and load the PDF copy of the camera manual into your computer and study it well.

I don't own that model, but I would guess that the multiple flashes which you mentioned are probably the focus assist when the room is dark and the camera's auto focus needs more light to lock in the focus.

Here are a couple of basic articles to get you started:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e510-sett.html
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/index.html#HELP

There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here who will help with your specific questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Steven R
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
I'm still trying to get to grips of it, but I haven't used it in ages.
It seems to be a little slow on taking pictures and sometimes doesn't focus properly, what can I do to make it focus?
Thanks
What lens are you using?

Slow focusing is usually the result of taking a photo in a place without much light. Is that what you're doing? Or, does slow focusing happen when you're shooting in daylight?
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:45 PM   #4

Hi LJT, welcome in the forum.

I saw already a few answers and will wait till you give any reaction before I do answer on things.
But you came at the right place .

What Steve mentioned is something you have to read but first of all you better read this I believe : LINK
This site will learn you first the basics of photography and when you fully understand this then read the links form Steve.

Any questions between that? Shoot your questions .

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote