Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:45 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 761
Default

I want wish you a lot of success with your new gear Marcelo.
Sometimes there are coming new things where you have need of having it because it's in mind better, the D7000 is in this such an item.
May I ask for now and then to compare the D7000 against the E-5?
I believe in terms of lens quality Nikon can't tip to Olympus.
So it makes me curious to learn from someone that owns both and where I'm sure from that there will be a honest compare .

Again a lot of success with your D7000 and break a leg when using it
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:06 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,099
Default Thank you..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Marcelo, this is not DPR - we're not interested in fanboy versus troll wars. You are always welcome.

Plus, you did something I never thought I would live to see - Steven quoting a preacher:



Hell froze over.
LOL... thank you for your kind words Ted, I know this forum is different to others and that's why I prefer to post my pictures and confessions here .



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
I want wish you a lot of success with your new gear Marcelo.
Sometimes there are coming new things where you have need of having it because it's in mind better, the D7000 is in this such an item.
May I ask for now and then to compare the D7000 against the E-5?
I believe in terms of lens quality Nikon can't tip to Olympus.
So it makes me curious to learn from someone that owns both and where I'm sure from that there will be a honest compare .

Again a lot of success with your D7000 and break a leg when using it
I made the decision to buy a Nikon D7000 last December and I found a refurbished camera but I returned it because of AF problems, bought another and I found the same issues oil on the sensor, AF problems, etc.. I gave another chance to Nikon and I found a new camera in Amazon and this one is working properly.

I will do some test for you and I'll let you know about it.

Thank you for your comment and have a great day.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:28 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ............
......................................

[I
I made the decision to buy a Nikon D7000 last December and I found a refurbished camera but I returned it because of AF problems, bought another and I found the same issues oil on the sensor, AF problems, etc.. I gave another chance to Nikon and I found a new camera in Amazon and this one is working properly[/I]

..........................
Marcelo
LOL. So let me get this straight, it has taken three tries to get a properly working D7000? If that were an automobile the government would force a manufacturer's recall under the lemon laws.

Hope this one holds up for you. I'm beginning to understand why your wife may be a little irritated at you.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:45 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
LOL. So let me get this straight, it has taken three tries to get a properly working D7000? If that were an automobile the government would force a manufacturer's recall under the lemon laws.

Hope this one holds up for you. I'm beginning to understand why your wife may be a little irritated at you.
Steve are you really thinking Marcello's wife has a couple of pans that have a bulb effect to inward?
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

Personally I would have given up on the second try. I just can not live with the possible oil issue. The whole reason for the camera is to capture moment. And to have them spotted by a defect would tick me off.

But I have to agree the line would have been a lemon law issue. And nikon should do a recall to replace the mirror box.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:38 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Personally I would have given up on the second try. I just can not live with the possible oil issue. The whole reason for the camera is to capture moment. And to have them spotted by a defect would tick me off.

But I have to agree the line would have been a lemon law issue. And nikon should do a recall to replace the mirror box.
Indeed Nikon should do that but since Nikon doesn't make things themselves, it isn't that easy for a company that does it this way.... For the law that is simple but not for Nikon. I just hope Marcelo his body is now fine and will keep doing it's job without any flaws.
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:47 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

nikon owns the factory in thailand, it is a nikon factory. So while nikon USA does not, Nikon does make the camera.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:52 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 761
Default

Not correct, they shop around and make the final product.
So for example: they are bound at the cpu they buy from a certain brand.
They are in power to make nice things out what they buy it seems.
Nikon is the brand of the final product.

The only one that makes everything themselves : Canon
Second: Olympus does the same except the sensor because that is a specialty.
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:55 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

I know they buy their part, but final assembly of their camera in their thailand. Like ford they shop around for FI units, ABS units and so on, but ford is responsible for the recall i and any issue with the car. They just take the issue with with their supplier later.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:13 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
MarceloLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island - New York
Posts: 2,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
LOL. So let me get this straight, it has taken three tries to get a properly working D7000? If that were an automobile the government would force a manufacturer's recall under the lemon laws.

Hope this one holds up for you. I'm beginning to understand why your wife may be a little irritated at you.
Yes... the camera has some issues specially with the first models released last year, I understand Nikon acknowledged the problem and they are fixing it to the D7000 users and the new cameras owners don't report this problem anymore.

But there is no perfect camera and I remember when I started with Olympus a few years ago I bought a E300 and the camera has some problems overexposing the pictures, Olympus never fixed the problem for any of the E300 owners, included me.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:54 AM.