Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:35 PM   #1

Default ....got out with the E-3 for a while on my birthday

Yep, another birthday and now working on the next (it is gonna be a biggy too so starting a planning session as soon as the gas royalties start piling in).

I did get out for a while yesterday and visited one of our city parks that I've only driven by on my way to The Ballpark in Arlington or Cowboys Stadium. Next weekend we will have an arts festival there and I'll be doing the photography for that....... we will just need to wait and see how that turns out. I was asked by the promoter (a local artist and friend to my son and whom I've known the past 30+ years). It took some while but I finally decided it will be only a walk in the park (really! I'm convinced it will be) so why not have a go at it.

This is the park for the festival. The park is named for one of our former and popular mayors, a linear park which runs between the two stadiums. It also is the home for the Caelum Moor sculpture exhibit done from Texas pink granite (some really big rocks).

Thanks for looking, if you're interested, there are more images here ==> http://tinyurl.com/6pxnahy

E-3 and 14-54 v-I lens

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Mar 16, 2012 at 2:41 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:41 PM   #2

Great way to spend a birthday Bob. Cute photos of your kids and the park. You and that E3 work well together.
Those blossoms show promise for the spring.

When I see your photos of your state and Gregs I have a hard time thinking Texas! Don't know why really we have reletives there. Perhaps my thinking has been skewed by movies and the Bush years....

It's Friday today, enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend Bob.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:09 PM   #3

Thank you for the tour Bob, very nice pictures.

The tress already have leaves and flowers in Arlington.

Enjoy the weekend.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:18 AM   #4

Looks quiet and silent up there Bob.
The building on the last picture looks very modern.
Thank you for sharing and showing us this location.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:03 AM   #5

Nice shots Bob. I really like the way you captured the Redbud tree.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:03 AM   #6

Thanks for the comments Ken, Marcelo & Lordje.

As the images show it was a very dismal day but no rain, that is about to happen for the next couple days then a bright 'sunshiny' weekend is forecast for the festival weekend.

This linear park runs for quite a distance and there are some wonderful advantage points to photograph the baseball park and Cowboys Stadium. When the foilage is full and before late summer I am planning a few walks there, the park is 20-minutes cross-town from where I live, it is quite convenient and easy to get there.

Lordje, the building is Cowboys Stadium, it is the largest domed, interior column free building in the world. It has the second largest HD-TV monitor at 60-yards long. There are 2 of them back to back which are suspended over the center of the stadium floor, the height is adjustable to more than 100-ft. There are many events held at the stadium from music concerts to motorcycle Supercross races.

This is a Wikipedia link to the stats and some images of the building.

http://tinyurl.com/yj4hwyn

One note to the Wikipedia description where it says, "Arlington is a suburb to Dallas".

That statement AIN'T true as our mayor (Richard Green for whom the park is named) once said, ".....we are nobody's damn suburb", look it up.

thanks again.... Bob

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:04 AM   #7

...thanks Steven, the redbuds are astonishingly pink and abundant this year.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:43 PM   #8

Belated happy birthday, Bob!

I am an equal opportunity late birthday wisher. My daughter turned 24 on Saturday and I'm hoping to get her card in the mail today (or tomorrow).

Familiar-looking landscapes. We should travel down to Ennis for the bluebonnets one of the next couple of weekends. I was down there Saturday and they are already out pretty good....just not quite at a "peak" yet.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:24 PM   #9

...thanks for the HB Greg, I surely hope this weather clears no later than Wed for the Arts Festival Fri, Sat & Sun.

So, of course, this weekend for me is used up and next weekend I am not sure of yet... I will stay in touch.

This week I am super busy but did take time to go to the Apple store in Ft. Worth yesterday afternoon and spent the budget for EM5, 12-50, 75-300 & 45mm.

I got an email from River Legacy that at the Living Science Center pond the Bluebonnets were out, need to get by there too. http://tinyurl.com/7gu2eol

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:50 PM   #10

Here's one from east of Ennis this past Saturday..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote