Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default Reaching for the Sky

__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,908
Default

What an unusual looking rose bloom. I like the soft background and the pastel color of the bloom.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 10:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
What an unusual looking rose bloom. I like the soft background and the pastel color of the bloom.
That background is something I'm quite confident only the 50-200mm & EC-20 can produce, Steve. I am amazed at how many comments I get across different forums about the bokehs that combination produces.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 1:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,565
Default

Quote:
That background is something I'm quite confident only the 50-200mm & EC-20 can produce
.....it is a very good combination but certainly not the only.

While I enjoy the images from my 50-200, I have learned the ZD 70-300 on the E-3 or E-P3 is every bit as good, if not better, as the 50-200 for image background quality. Image subject sharpness is close too, thus the 70-300 has become my favorite lens out of the bag.
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 2:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....it is a very good combination but certainly not the only.

While I enjoy the images from my 50-200, I have learned the ZD 70-300 on the E-3 or E-P3 is every bit as good, if not better, as the 50-200 for image background quality. Image subject sharpness is close too, thus the 70-300 has become my favorite lens out of the bag.

While I'll have to agree that the 70-300 is a great lens and worth every penny spent, I could never get it to produce the backgrounds I can get out of the 50-200. At least, not under the circumstances I use with the 50-200.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 7:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Lordje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Harelbeke, Belgium
Posts: 761
Default

It's not only a nice bokeh Gary, it's also a very nice picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
__________________
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photo out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photo out of focus are a style.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 8:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
It's not only a nice bokeh Gary, it's also a very nice picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Thanks, Lordje! Much appreciated.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:33 PM.