Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 18, 2012, 10:41 AM   #1

Default Metallic paper prints

I just received my image back from AdoramaPix that I had enlarged and printed to metallic paper. It is absolutely breath-taking!! It's so real-looking you almost have to touch it to make sure you're looking at a photography (words of the wife ). And, AdoramaPix ships your photos FLAT, not rolled. If you don't think that makes a difference, try getting a rolled up 16x20 to lie perfectly flat! Here's the image I had done by AdoramaPix.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2012, 11:30 AM   #2

......good news Gary, I recently had an 11x14 metal-paper done from Smugmug, it came rolled & tubed. I had a bit of a wait for it to flatten. Smugmug uses a couple different print houses, the one of mine came from Norcross, Ga, beautiful print, just 'rolly'.

I will print mine again to metal printer as 8x10 for an 11x14 framing so may look into Adorama Pix for that.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; May 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 11:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
......good news Gary, I recently had an 11x14 metal-paper done from Smugmug, it came rolled & tubed. I had a bit of a wait for it to flatten. Smugmug uses a couple different print houses, the one of mine came from Norcross, Ga, beautiful print, just 'rolly'.

I will print mine again to metal printer as 8x10 for an 11x14 framing so may look into Adorama Pix for that.
It's very difficult to describe the difference metallic paper makes, Bob, it's almost 3D. And the color... wow! I just uploaded my "Reflected Chihuly" to them and am ordering it 11X14 to fit a perfect frame and matting I picked up for a song at a second-hand store.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 2:21 PM   #4

Interesting Gary; thanks for the info.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 2:48 PM   #5

I have had several "metallic prints" done by Bay Photo through SmugMug, they package and ship flat. The metallic is all I order now, the detail and depth of the image is astounding.

I had a customer order actual metal prints of some of my images for a photo grouping she did and she was very satisfied. I am going to have to try some of those....these are nice as they are ready to hang and need no framing.

Another customer ordered thin wraps using a metallic/satin paper and she loved hers as well. No frames needed on these either.

I am very satisfied with the service and quality my customers and I have been getting from Bay Photo.

Thanks

Jim

E-30, E-500, - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

SmugMug Pics - Click Here
Personal Website - Click Here
Wigpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 6:14 PM   #6

Jim, I do not have a Pro account but printing is one reason I am considering upgrading.

The other Smugmug account levels do not offer print vendor choice though one of them is used but then not always a same vendor depending on workloads.

Anyway, the print I received was rolled but a couple days it flattened fine, true the metal paper prints are striking and I will use some form of it more frequently now.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 8:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Jim, I do not have a Pro account but printing is one reason I am considering upgrading.

The other Smugmug account levels do not offer print vendor choice though one of them is used but then not always a same vendor depending on workloads.

Anyway, the print I received was rolled but a couple days it flattened fine, true the metal paper prints are striking and I will use some form of it more frequently now.
That is one of the reasons I opted for the Pro Account. I of 4 primary reasons.
  1. Custom design the web page with colors etc. to match my web site
  2. Set my own pricing and make a profit
  3. Choose my print vendor
  4. Right click protect
I love SmugMug!

Jim

E-30, E-500, - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

SmugMug Pics - Click Here
Personal Website - Click Here
Wigpro is offline   Reply With Quote