Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 29, 2012, 7:40 AM   #11

....helps a bunch Zig, I wlll look into it for sure. I must keep in mind that I will likely forever have the E-3 or ???? and the FT lenses I now have.

Thanks.........

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 1:01 PM   #12

Really nice images, Bob! I don't see many with the 35mm macro so this was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
I don't know much about the Zuiko 50 and nothing of the Sigma lenses but I do know the MACRO lenses are fun to use. [/IMG]
I haven't used the ZD 50mm f/2 but it has the reputation of being one of the finest lenses Oly has made (many folks claim it is the sharpest lens in the history of civilization although those folks typically haven't used any Oly SHG glass). It also has the reputation of being somewhat slow to focus, which most folks don't mind after they see the images it produces. As was noted it does provide a bit more working room in front of the lens in macro use, than the 35mm but if you're shooting anything that bites, stings or crawls away you're probably better off using the 50-200 with the EX-25 - Greg C. used to post a lot of great macros with that combination.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 1:25 PM   #13

....I used Greg's EX-25 recently for a few weeks with the 70-300 on the E-P3. FANTASTIC! results. I will be getting an EX-25 for the big lenses and now with the 35mm for the 'light' carry I will be set for close-up picture taking (hi). BTW, the ex-25 & FT 40-15 on the E-P3 is also a really good extreme close-up combination.

I used the 35mm on the P3 with wired release and FL50 this morning to get a few more shots of the blooming Rosemary. Fun stuff for those tiniest of blooms.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old May 29, 2012, 1:29 PM   #14

Am I mis-remembering this, or wasn't it you who said about the EX-25, years ago, that $100 (back then) was a lot of money for a piece of plastic pipe?

Just teasing - it is a lot of money. But it will hold a very heavy lens.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 3:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Am I mis-remembering this, or wasn't it you who said about the EX-25, years ago, that $100 (back then) was a lot of money for a piece of plastic pipe?
.....wasn't me, I am watching for a better price.

Heck, the Kenko m43 6mm & 10mm extender set is $180. BTW, posters are saying while the set will stack to the 16mm reach it's without electric communication camera/lens.

I gotta go get themail, maybe some spending money in there. TTYL

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old May 29, 2012, 4:05 PM   #16

Hey Bob

Wonderful pics.. and few really cracking ones as well. It just goes to show how well the Ft lenses, even the SG ones are and the 35mm looks to be pretty special.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 8:54 PM   #17

Thank you Harj. I am so pleased with the 35 and for the factory refurb with Cameta 1-yr warranty it was a bargain for sure. Watching now for a FT 9-18.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com