Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 29, 2012, 7:46 PM   #1

Default BUPA London 10000m 2012 Run - PART 1

This Sunday was the 5th Bupa London 10k run in London and several friends from work were running for charity, and I'd promised that i'd attend and take some shots. A glourious sunny day, with over 17000 runners and various family and friends getting to Green Park for the kick off.

I'd decided that I'd try and document the day and even try my hand at some sports/AIF (athletes in flight) ! It was like a mini London Marathon but not being an offical photographer this time, some people weren;t always too happy having a snap taken. Lots of non offical photographers there .. hired by the various charities or like me just shooting for fun.

All pics taken with the E3 + 35-100F2, PP'd in LR4beta. One thing about the F2 is that it brings out lens envy even from guys shooting with the 70-200F2.8s!

I'm still working and uploading pics to a gallery and will post a link so you can see what the whole day was really like. part 2, will be the action shots and how well or may be not the E3+SHG managed to cope with moving targets.

Cheers

Harj

Last edited by HarjTT; May 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2012, 8:01 PM   #2

Thanks Harj

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 8:55 PM   #3

Nice shots Harj. Well done. A good selection and variety of shots provide a nice overview of the people involved.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 2:09 PM   #4

Thanks for posting these, Harj. They give a good sense of the event (and also demonstrate that London does get a sunny day from time to time). Mid-day sun isn't easy to deal with.

Looking at #3, have you ever tried using the pop-up flash for fill-in? It is, actually, useful for that.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 3:08 PM   #5

Hi Guys

Thanks for all of the comments. Its been a terrible spring/summer and I can honestly say I dont ever remember it being this bad - over cast and wet months on end. So I think everyones glad that its been sunny for longer than 5 days.. forecast is for more rain .. bring a big brolley if anyones coming over for the Olympics !

Ted, hard to believe that pic 3 was with the FL50 - I think its was coming up to 9:30 and I was mingling about when I noticed that all of sudden the guys and girls at work were being lined up by a pro tog for a group shot. i slapped teh FL50 on and pulled the trigger and ended up with that .. and the batteries promptly flat. I need to get the FL fixed and the chargeables replaced, suffice to say the FL50 didnt get any more use and I was careful with watching out for the sun.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 4:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Ted, hard to believe that pic 3 was with the FL50...
Wow - that flash didn't help much so it must have been dying.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 4:44 PM   #7

They really give a very good impression of the spirit that was there.
Very nice selection of pictures and also well made.

I can imagine that certain 70-200 2,8 users where envy about your lens.
Just pity that lens does have such high price :-(

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote